Page 1 of 6

Discuss.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
Uhh what's the positioning based off of? The list seems incorrect to me.
Quote by brandon369852
Then you are officially the worst Ug'er here.
Wow, just wow... Ville Valo, Tom DeLonge?

+1 at what 666_Pounder said.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
All lists suck. Why do people even bother compiling the,?

...Oh that's right, to grab attention.
wait..
dave grohl over KURT COBAIN?

seems to be ironic somehow..
Call me Trey.
I think that sums up Kerrang, half is credible (iggy pop, mike patton) The other half is laughable.
Quote by -Vogel-
Who the hell is Ginger?

lead singer and guitarist in the Wlidhearts, they are freakin AMAZING
Quote by a_man
I never find these lists all too credible e.g number 14 ?

+3,1416....

i never imagined that he could be next to slash, there is no comparison between them...
i thought kurt would be number 1 cause kerrang love him so dam much they win everything they do, kerrang is the worst music mag out there i would rather read NME and thats a huge task for me

Hayley Williams only 2 below Dave Mustaine. i mean, i can see the attraction but it's Mustaine! compared to Gerard Way, Tom Delonge and Pete Wentz, surely he deserves higher because he's been around longer and contributed more to music?

ps. i'm not a megadeth fanboy but i saw Mustaine at 98 and thought... "/facepalm."
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Nikki Sixx but not Johnny Thunders?! Why I oughta...*goes on normal killing spree when this happens*

I don't have problems
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
As of course, nobody looks up to any of the people on there as an icon. Just because you don't doesn't mean that a large part of Kerrang's readership doesnt either.
where the hell is Jimi Hendrix? im not such a huge Hendrix fan, but i understand he was rather popular, somewhat influential.

(Note: understatements present)
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Well this list is somewhat correct, all these people are huge icons, hell i dislike pete wentz but his faced is plastered everywhere.
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Gerard Way ahead of Robert Plant?? No way, as soon as I saw that, I just gave up. Angus Young IS an icon, though, so I suppose that's not that bad. Billie Joe Armstrong ahead of Slash? This list is a joke, and thus solidifies Kerrangs status as just that, a joke.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
o yeh i remember reading this in the magazine with someone. I remember at the time i was like...WTF!! This is bull!!

Bille joe at 3!! Gerard way at 7!!!!!

epic fail
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I expected a terrible list but Gerard Way at number 7?

Then again 'Rock Icons' is so non-specific.
Quote by G.a.c.771
+3,1416....

i never imagined that he could be next to slash, there is no comparison between them...

but one time he tried to wear a top hat and do a Slash style stance, that makes them.. kinda.. a little bit.. maybe.. comparable.. . . . sorry.
Quote by brandon369852
Then you are officially the worst Ug'er here.
What you guys arn't realizing is this list is of rock icons, it really has little to do with talent or acomplishments, but really their popularity...

Angus young at 1 is strange to me...
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
ozzy should be in the top 10. and i love him and all, but i don't see why tony iommi is above him.

it just goes to show that kerrang is a magazine for sell outs like green day and poster boys like pete wentz and ian watkins.
Fender Mexican Stratocaster - 3 tone Sunburst
Fender Soronan - Lake Placid Blue
Fender FM210
Boss DS-2
Boss CE-5
Boss OD-3
Dunlop Cry Baby
Fender PT100
you'd think they'd pick someone who embodies the spirit of rock, like being badass and not being named pete wentz.
uhhh gear.....
schecter 006 elite... ze red one..
line 6 hd150 head and 412 cab,
Steven Tyler.

I'm not going to bitch. We all know what audience Kerrang! is aimed at. You can't expect them to make a proper list, else they'd lose out of profits.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
plus this seems to be a more modern list, most of the people you guys are mentioning are past their glory days.
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
I believe Fred Durst is upon there, thus making the document void.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Steven Tyler.

I'm not going to bitch. We all know what audience Kerrang! is aimed at. You can't expect them to make a proper list, else they'd lose out of profits.

Win /thread