Which practice schedule do you think is a lot better and more worthwhile...?

1 Hour: Improvising
1 Hour: Learning/playing songs

or

20 mins: chromatic exercises
20 mins: learning sweeps
20 mins: legato
30 mins: improvising
30 mins: learning/playing songs
Only 2 hours?! You should be ashamed!! Well when I'm practicing, I just improvise, and try improve melodies, harmonies, and stuff like that in my own songs.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
the second option. Variety makes it easier to practice effectivly in imo.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
the second one if you are beggining
and the first one if you are an advance player
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by EdawMail
10 hours : enjoy it.

this
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
play what you want to. the techniques you will learn from playing the music you like will enable you to come up with ideas of your own that sound good. if you dont like sweeping, for example, stuff it and play some blues.

make your own practice "schedule" out of the things you like, not out of the things you think you should be practicing.

improvising is great for stumbling on nice ideas. songwriting would improve your arranging and chord skills, i guess.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
I'm an intermediate player.

What I might do is scrap the legato one because I can just get better at it by learning solos.

Keep the sweeping because I'm a beginner at it.

And keep the chromatics because I think my alternate picking is not at its potential.

Secondly, I only have 2 hours a day in the week and 4 hours a day on weekends so I'd just double the schedule.
Depends on your level: beginner, intermediate, or Advanced. Honestly, when I practice, I usually do scales, cover songs, and then work on some of my own material.
Lol, learn 1 hour a day for 3 months & you'll be strumming like a Star though not like a Star
"I know many songs to play on my guitar but all the fish ever want to hear me play are scales."