metal band(like rock band the video game), don't you wish this existed

My buddy got rock band yesterday and me him and another dude played for seven hours straight, with our band Purple Dragon Syndrome(Its an inside joke don't ask). and the entire time i'm playing it most of the songs are very standard rock songs or punk songs, so i wondered why isn't there much in the way of like technical music, and then i began to think they should make metal band or extreme band with a song list of hardcore and extreme metal bands, very technical stuff.

so then i started to wonder what my dream setlist would be(note i try to avoid the normal medicore metalcore bands even though i have a KsE icon thing, but alive or just breathing was sooooo good, and end of heartache was pretty catchy, but there new one was little dry, not a whole lot to it...i digress)

ion dissonence - play dead... ill play along son
Protest the hero - bloodmeat
misery signals - mirrors
evergreen terrace - Wolfbiker
Botch - Japam
A life once lost - Cavil
Messugah - anything really i imagine polyrthyms being a bitch on those drums
Buried Inside - time as a Surragate Religon
Circle takes the square - Same shade as concreate
Comeback Kid - Wake the dead
Converge - jane doe (it will be like freebird in GHII)
Curl up and die - Doctor Doom, A Man of Science, Doesn't Believe In Jesus, Why The **** Do You
Deathspell omega - Bread of Bitterness
Ed Gein - Bastard
Fear before the March of Flames - Lycanthropy
Genghis Tron - The folding Road
Glassjaw - Two Tabs Of Mescaline
horse the band - murder
Despised Icon - Grade A-One
Daughters - Recorded Inside A Pyramid
nights like these - samsara
pig destroyer - loathsome
The Locusts - AOTKPTA
And of course tons of classics like Rush, Megadeath, Metallica, Black sabbath, etc etc

any additions to my list that i wasted my time on? thoughts? would you buy this game?
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
Nile, Necrophagist, the Human Abstract, Isis, Liquid Tension Experiment
That'll make a fun game
ohai little sig.
they don't put technical stuff in those games because non-musicians would have a hard time playing it.

here's my list

meshuggah - new millennium cyanide christ
dillinger escape plan - panasonic youth
behold...the arctopus - alcoholocaust
lamb of god - hourglass
children of bodom - needled 24/7
mastodon - the wolf is loose
dream theater - six degrees of inner turbulence (the whole thing )
slayer - angel of death
Quote by schecter_guy
they don't put technical stuff in those games because non-musicians would have a hard time playing it.

Uhh, what do you call Through the Fire and the Flames?
You really fail to see the facts here.

The community that likes metal is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the ones for rock.

From a financial point of view they will make a game with songs which will sell and one with rock songs will sell more units than a game with metal songs.

I have nothing against metal and do enjoy it but that is the fact of the matter, and they usually do include metal songs in the games just not a whole games worth so it caters for a wider audience.
Quote by Archaon

that song is insanely fast, but not technically challenging. the rhythm and tempo never changes.
sick stuff Demonikk and scheter_guy, namely behold...the arctopus, that would be intense, and if this existed the techy stuff would still have easy,medium,hard and expert level (only expert would be damn near impossible cause i find that fisherprice my firsts guitar harder to play then a real one) and this would be a sick game
Quote by LeoKhenir
Quote by Archaon

thats guitar hero dumb ass

and wouldnt the drummers leg fall off if there was proper thrash/death metal on the game?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Except for the fact that more than half of those bands aren't metal.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by Killer_bacon

ion dissonence - play dead... ill play along son
Protest the hero - bloodmeat
misery signals - mirrors
evergreen terrace - Wolfbiker
Botch - Japam
A life once lost - Cavil
Messugah - anything really i imagine polyrthyms being a bitch on those drums
Buried Inside - time as a Surragate Religon
Circle takes the square - Same shade as concreate
Comeback Kid - Wake the dead
Converge - jane doe (it will be like freebird in GHII)
Curl up and die - Doctor Doom, A Man of Science, Doesn't Believe In Jesus, Why The **** Do You
Deathspell omega - Bread of Bitterness
Ed Gein - Bastard
Fear before the March of Flames - Lycanthropy
Genghis Tron - The folding Road
Glassjaw - Two Tabs Of Mescaline
horse the band - murder
Despised Icon - Grade A-One
Daughters - Recorded Inside A Pyramid
nights like these - samsara
pig destroyer - loathsome
The Locusts - AOTKPTA

Am i the only one who's never heard of any of these songs/bands?
----
Quote by str84ever
You really fail to see the facts here.

The community that likes metal is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the ones for rock.

From a financial point of view they will make a game with songs which will sell and one with rock songs will sell more units than a game with metal songs.

I have nothing against metal and do enjoy it but that is the fact of the matter, and they usually do include metal songs in the games just not a whole games worth so it caters for a wider audience.

they already sold the rock band bundle, it would exist if they released it as a single game, not a bundle, cause theses songs are not going to cost as much as rush or metallica so this game would probobly be equally as profitable as its rock counter part (for all the programming and development is already done), so clearly you REALLY fail to see the facts
Quote by LeoKhenir
haha rock band and guitar hero are gay.. i know a kid that had his ps2 modded though and he made his own guitar hero game with metal on it
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by PerpetualBurn
Except for the fact that more than half of those bands aren't metal.

yeah i know i just ment technical music, i just put taht so people understand what this is
Quote by LeoKhenir
Quote by Dudududa
Am i the only one who's never heard of any of these songs/bands?

You haven't heard of Meshuggah?!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
haha nice, human abstract would be good on it too.

but sorry i wouldnt buy it, im too cheap to buy any games over like 20 bucks, i'd rather buy stuff for my guitar or girlfriend with the moneys ^__^
I breathe air.
Quote by Demonikk
Nile, Necrophagist, the Human Abstract, Isis, Liquid Tension Experiment
That'll make a fun game

i saw isis in concert and personally think everyone playing would fall asleep before the song's over.
the game
I wouldn't buy it,
not a big metal fan, and I think metal guitarists would complain about it not showing songs in their full complexity.
Personally, I'd completely change out your set-list and replace every song other than the Deathspell Omega, Pig Destroyer, and Meshuggah ones, but that's just me.

Edit: And yes, realistically speaking, the game would barely sell, which would warrant not making it in the first place, but it's fun to dream.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I'd buy it for CTTS.

The drumming in their songs is insane.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by Killer_bacon
they already sold the rock band bundle, it would exist if they released it as a single game, not a bundle, cause theses songs are not going to cost as much as rush or metallica so this game would probobly be equally as profitable as its rock counter part (for all the programming and development is already done), so clearly you REALLY fail to see the facts

No your just trying to act smart. It still wouldn't sell as well as rock band. I would put money on that right now..

and of course people want to buy a game with obscure metal bands no one has heard of.. Metallica, Rush etc. would be a selling point which they would have to buy the rights for.

Also the difficulty of the game would not make it sell well. Double kick would be virtually impossible in some songs for people to play.
Because you would call all the bands who put their music on the game 'sell outs' and wouldn't buy it.
I add to your list:
The Fall of Troy: Shh! If you're quiet, I'll Show You a Dinosaur
Vanna: The entire Curses album
Between the Buried and Me: Alaska, Selkies, Mordecai
The Number Twelve Looks Like You: Category
Every Time I Die: Pretty Dirty
Quote by schecter_guy
that song is insanely fast, but not technically challenging. the rhythm and tempo never changes.

Wait, are we talking about on real guitar or guitar hero? Because it shouldn't make that much of a difference if a technical piece is translated to Guitar Hero...