Page 1 of 2
Hi UGers, I'm form Spain and this summer I'm spending time in Boston cos I need to improve my english speaking skills.

The matter is that on july I will be 18 and I want to know if its possible in usa to buy alcohol or drink it.

I have another question. I will be living at the university(Harvard) campus and I want to know some things of it.

There are clubs, or bars in the campus?
Is allowed to play guitar in the residence?
There are guitar stores on the campus?
Quote by Oreos_own_all
ok well...

the v part is a vagina, and your leg is the penis, work it out from there =D
Drinking age is 21 in the U.S. You can't buy it or drink it otherwise. Get a fake i.d. or find some kids that can get it for you. it isn't too hard.
Drinking age is 21.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
You can't buy it, and colleges are real hardasses about drinking nowadays, so I wouldn't risk it.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
What SD said. The legal drinking age in the U.S is 21. That doesn't mean there won't be parties and lots of alchie going around though.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I can guarantee there won't be a guitar shop on campus. It's likely there will be one in the town/city though.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
No, you will not be able to buy alcohol, unless you can find some gas station or something that doesn't card people.

There will probably be clubs and/or bars near to the campus, but not on campus.

You should be allowed to play guitar, however, at certain times, there will probably be "quiet hours" that you're supposed to keep quiet for (here they're at night so people can study/sleep/etc.).

No guitar stores on campus most likely, there will probably be a music store nearby though.
Well the bad news is you can't get it yuorself till your 21. The good news is Canada isn't too far, their drinking age is 19!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
All though the drinking age is 21, its still extremely easy to aquire alcohol. Whether from a sketchy store, older friend, fake ID, or at a party.

If you get caught by the police, you have a pretty good excuse (lie and say you weren't aware of US drinking age.) Don't tell them that you used a fake ID, or that someone older bought it though, it will cause problems. Just say you got it at a party or found it.
But there are some sites that will sell me alcohol no? I know it's illegal but here is it too and there are some sites that sell it
Quote by Oreos_own_all
ok well...

Quote by elementwood89
All though the drinking age is 21, its still extremely easy to aquire alcohol. Whether from a sketchy store, older friend, fake ID, or at a party.

If you get caught by the police, you have a pretty good excuse (lie and say you weren't aware of US drinking age.) Don't tell them that you used a fake ID, or that someone older bought it though, it will cause problems. Just say you got it at a party or found it.

"hai ofiser i found this big handel of soco in the street lol"
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
harvard is a private school and i think private schools can make their own rules about on-campus drinking. i have a friend who goes to a private catholic university and they have a wet campus, which means on-campus drinking is perfectly acceptable.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Why is the drinking age so high? I mean, you can drive at 16?

those were my exact thoughts *high five*
Quote by ValoRhoads
Well the bad news is you can't get it yuorself till your 21. The good news is Canada isn't too far, their drinking age is 19!

it's actually 18
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Why is the drinking age so high? I mean, you can drive at 16?
i agree. back in the 70's it was 18, but they changed it to get it out of highschoolers hands. they want it out of college too, but its kinda hopeless. so 21 is our drinking age. I believe thats the national age, tho a state governor could change it for the state. either way, its not hard at all to get alcohol underaged. im 20 and ive been drinkin for about 4 years now. I pay my 22 year old friend to get me Wild Turkey all the time. WHISKEY!!!!!
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Jan 30, 2008,
in some states you can drive at 14, which makes the drinking age that much more ridiculous. it was enforced because the US has more deaths due to drunk driving than any other country. since then, the number of deaths is the same if not more. a lot of US politicians are trying to get it changed.
its 21 in america because research has shown that the brain is still developing and growing until AROUND the age of 21 and consuming alcohol before that can affect the development. it is also illegal in the us to ship alcohol across state lines, so you probably can't get it online, SOME states don't enforce it, but most do.
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
Ok, thanks for the answers.

I have another question. There is wifi conection on the residence no?
Quote by Oreos_own_all
ok well...

^ Dude all of UG doesn't live in the Harvard residence halls. We can't answer those kinds of questions for you. Do your own research by going to their website, or you'll find out once you get there.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Blakaos
Hi UGers, I'm form Spain and this summer I'm spending time in Boston cos I need to improve my english speaking skills.

The matter is that on july I will be 18 and I want to know if its possible in usa to buy alcohol or drink it.

I have another question. I will be living at the university(Harvard) campus and I want to know some things of it.

There are clubs, or bars in the campus?
Is allowed to play guitar in the residence?
There are guitar stores on the campus?

got to be 21 bud.

although its Boston and they tend to be lax on the thing. But i doubt you can get into bars, liquor stores might not card you.

As for guitar, yes. And there's a couple music stores nearby.

BTW i'm not from boston im in milwaukee, although i did tour Harvard for ****s and giggles when i was applying because my cousin goes there (ironically she's spending this semester in Spain). Got to spend a weekend in Boston and the tour group said all this stuff.
The drinking age in the US is 21 because apparently your brain doesn't stop growing until you're 21. You have less of a chance of ****ing yourself up permanently if you wait until you're 21, or so they say.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I figure if you're old enough to be sent to Iraq and have your legs blown off, you're old enough for a brew.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Actually legal drinking age in Canada is 19 unless you live in Alberta or Quebec, and 21 in the US
"I play guitar" - Me
Quote by darkstar2466
^ Dude all of UG doesn't live in the Harvard residence halls. We can't answer those kinds of questions for you. Do your own research by going to their website, or you'll find out once you get there.

Man, i don't know the words in english to anwer that. I give you the reason.
Quote by Oreos_own_all
ok well...

Quote by Your41Plague12
The drinking age in the US is 21 because apparently your brain doesn't stop growing until you're 21. You have less of a chance of ****ing yourself up permanently if you wait until you're 21, or so they say.

that's a lie. Its just MADD propaganda. And it only applies for unbelievably reckless binge drinking (like having an average of 6 drinks a night starting at age 16). And i don't know too many people who do that or at least every night.
The whole not drinking till 21 thing guys is... well...

I think moderation is better than exclusion. I have been drinking extremely sensibly and often since 16. It is better than not being allowed to drink till 21 then not knowing how to handle it/treating it as some strange obesssion.

I respect America alot, I would love to go there - but seeing things in black and white is often not the answer.

Moderation, not exclusion.
Quote by ValoRhoads

It's 18 here in Winnipeg...
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Jan 30, 2008,
If I was to go to America I'd want to visit Boston first as it seems the least extreme "no drinkinz" attitude and the close British relation it seems to mean it'd be nice and liberal.
Quote by Jackolas
The whole not drinking till 21 thing guys is... well...

I think moderation is better than exclusion. I have been drinking extremely sensibly and often since 16. It is better than not being allowed to drink till 21 then not knowing how to handle it/treating it as some strange obesssion.

right. Too many people come to college and get hold of massive amounts of alcohol and have absolutely no ****ing clue about their limits or whats responsible.

And the whole US has more drunk driving problems than any country is kinda skewed because the US has more people driving than any other country too. That said, most of Europe grows up with alcohol so to speak and they learn to control their drinking.

Well good luck at Harvard. just don't believe what EVERY professor says when he talks about US politics (and che guevara was NOT that great). Harvard's rated as the most liberal school in the country for a reason.
Quote by Jackolas
If I was to go to America I'd want to visit Boston first as it seems the least extreme "no drinkinz" attitude and the close British relation it seems to mean it'd be nice and liberal.

no actually good ole Milwaukee Wisconsin is (aka, where i live). Studies show that Milwaukee has the highest instances of underage drinking, Liquor stores check id less than any other city, and it was actually rated as the drunkest city in America. We have a law that says if you are with someone that's 21, you can drink in bars.
Quote by ValoRhoads

This is good to hear. I was worried that if i went to canada when i was 20 for my 1-year-abroad uni ocurse, i wouldn't beable to drink!

Harsh luck americans on the 21 years
You poor old Americans and your 21+ drinking age, we're complaining about it being 18+ here in England...

Still, only 3 more months to go before I reach 18, so then it won't be a problem.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
legal drinking age here in venezuela is right after you can pronounce "alcohol"...

technically its 18... but ive gone to liquor shops and bought alcohol since i was 16
I actually didn't know it was 21 years age limit in USA

Here in Norway it's 18, although 21/20(can't remember ) for spirits (defined as 20% and up I think).

Also you can only buy beer & cider and that kind of stuff @ private stores. The state controls and kind of have their own shop, which sell wine and spirits. So heavily taxated, ofcourse :O

As far as I know Denmark got like a 16 years age limit
Page 1 of 2