Just wondering, how many of you guys (not drummers)are... obsessed with doing beats, tapping tempos and making "music" with anything that can possibly make a sound? I mean, I somehow consider myself "rhythm obsessed", but it keeps bothering me, how many other people have the same "problem" out there. You know, the kind of situations where you start to "play drums" with pencils, making your desk a tom, using a tea cup for a crash cymbal... when you go to work you beatbox, you tap tempos, headbanging from time to time... You act like retarded, but you still producing stupid sounds to the songs that keeps "playing" in your head... Is this considered a disease?

and, I'm not a drummer...
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.
Hai, I'm an ex-drummer, now guitarist. The drummer part of me still goes crazy and rhythm obsessed.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
lol theres other people like me! I always start drumming with pens while trying to do homework so you're not alone. It's strange, ive never even played the drums before...
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
I do it too. I suck at drums.
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
I imagine teh musicz in my head. There's almost always a song which is stuck in my head, even if I haven't heard it for a while.

Right now it's the drum intro to "I miss you" by Blink 182. Don't judge me.
I'm fresher on the mike than a pack of febreze.

I'm hotter on the beats than a cop on the streets.

*cool*
I have it too
I keep drumming my desk in class, keep tapping my feets like I'm playing on a double bass.
use my knive and fork like drumsticks all the time. I can't even immitate a sound propperly without turning it into a beat. I blow my nose in a certain rythm. sometimes I chew my food in such I manner it makes a little beat in my head. I can go on forever

I'm not a drummer either

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I do. I got detention once for "double kicking" during a test.

And no. I'm not a drummer.
haha im slightly rhythm obsessed i tend to do alot of tapping and strumming on edges of tables things at work.. etc. you get something playing in your head and you have to play it like a guitar.
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe
Yeh i am always tapping along to the beat of a song etc.
I did a rhythm test and got above 90% when the average for 70ish ^_^
Funny thing is, when I actually sat behind a drum kit once, for a sec., I was like... "wtf!? so many possibilities... i dunno what to do... f*ck that..."
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.
Quote by Doppelgänger
I do. I got detention once for "double kicking" during a test.

And no. I'm not a drummer.

I'm proud of you.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
all the time.. today I was in my piano class and I was kinda of spacing off listening to the beats that the drummer for the jazz band was playing.. and kind of tapping along.. but I find myself tapping my feet and fingers to various songs all the time.. for the past week it's been Teen Spirit.. but next week it will probably be something new.. I also can't help to jump on a drum set whenever one is around.. but no.. I don't actually play drums
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
I do that too! and i sing to myself all the time!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Yep and I am hyperactive, so I do that kind of stuff all the time.

Seriously im gonna get Rock Band just so I can try to satisfy my urge to bang stuff. That didnt sound right did it
Quote by subopolois
you lazy cheap bastard

Gear:
ESP LTD M-50
Marshall G80RCD
Boss ME-50
Ernie Ball STHB

Kill Crazy of the Red Dwarf Smeg Heads!
I'm always tapping and singing.
I should probably be a drummer.
But the whole rhythm thing was drilled into mean when I was a kid thanks to dancing. Tap dancing is all about rhythm...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I'd say I am. I get random urges to do air blast beats all the time. xD
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
I'm always making drumming sounds with my mouth and humming a riff over the top of it.

I love a good beat, whether it's catchy like Bloc Party or a blast beat like Nile.
Yeah, I drum on things all the time.

I'm a guitarist, but I actually know how to play the drums so I get into it. It drives most people around me crazy though. Especially my dad, who had to put up with it from my uncle (amazing drummer) and me since I was a baby (I'm told I started when I was 1).
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I'm forever arranging breakbeats in my head.. and when I listen to music I often tap out the beat.

Badly
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.