How did you find out what the word "Gay" meant when you were younger?

To start off

My friend was telling me about a wrestler who he didnt like. So he said that he was "Gay". Not knowing what it meant I asked my dad and he said "Its when two men walk on the beach holding hands". Then he said its when a boy likes a boy.
I was 8 at the time

Share your stories
Well, I asked my uncle, and he said 'let me show you, John'. He put his hands on my legs, and started rubbing up and down, then he pulled down his zippers and put my hands around hi..

That's not what happened. I can't remember how I found out.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
5th grade bus. I didn't know all year, then people finally caved in and told me. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh" is what I said.
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
forced sodomy
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Someone called me a fag on the play ground, and I called my teacher a fag in the class room. She explained what it meant. I was pretty confused about why it would be a bad thing to like boys.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I don't remember a specific time, I pretty much knew about homosexuality early on as a kid.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I believe it was when my mom went on a rant about how "gays are abominations against God".

That's about the time I started not being any sort of religion too, coincidentally.
Back in the day when I was sleeping, and a chipmunk wizard came in and said "Boy! Wanna know what bein' "gay" means?" A night I will never forget.

Seriously, I can't even remember last week properly. How do you expect me to remember this?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
My first learning of the word gay was from my dad, and i quote

"Gay is when a boy puts his willy in another boys bum"

I was shocked.

that's homosexual intercourse i'm afraid...

anyway, gay meant happy. yes, i am that old...
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
i used to think it meant "happy" until my friend told me the 'new' meaning.
why would I possibly remember that ?!

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

It was when I was 31 and in jail... No, it didn't happen to me, but I saw things that shouldn't have been seen.
I asked my mom when I was like in 2nd grade
good times, good times
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
also, when did the meaning of 'gay' change from 'happy' to 'homosexual'?
Quote by Sol9989
anyway, gay meant happy. yes, i am that old...

+1

'Faggot' means nothing to me, other than a bale of firewood. I refuse to believe it has any modern connotation. *coughs*
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
My older cousins would always tell me "gay" meant "cool" so I would run around telling people "I am so gay" when I was like 8. Fucking towels.
RULE BRITANNIA
grade 2 never heard the word until I moved to canada and it was everywhere

I remember specifically when I first heard the n word though, I was watching die hard with a vengeance and he had the sign on his body I hate etc. and I asked my dad and he told me
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
Quote by Tazeyo
It was when I was 31 and in jail... No, it didn't happen to me, but I saw things that shouldn't have been seen.

soap on a rope?
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
School. Like 3rd grade. also, similar to
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Someone called me a fag on the play ground, and I called my teacher a fag in the class room. She explained what it meant. I was pretty confused about why it would be a bad thing to like boys.

this dumbass in my english class (like 7th grade) didn't know what c.unt meant, so he asked the teacher. whole class was lmfao.
the game
Quote by rabidguitarist
Well, I asked my uncle, and he said 'let me show you, John'. He put his hands on my legs, and started rubbing up and down, then he pulled down his zippers and put my hands around hi..

That's not what happened. I can't remember how I found out.

Definitely a good thing for the pit for you to be back... :p

And I can't remember how I learned about it...
Quote by dreamtheater91
forced sodomy

wow

yeah i was like 7... and i watched a big gang-like racist fight and heard it from someone watching and asked my grandpa and he laughed at me and told me exactly what it meant
I breathe air.
my brother called someone a faggot, i asked him what that was and he said it means gay, i asked him what that was and he said it means he likes other guys the way he should like girls.
I remember being like 6 and some older boys on the playground told me that it meant "happy".
That did not end well.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Uh, I don't really remember.
I think it went something like this
*whilst insulting 'classmate' at the tender age of 7/8 with 2 friends*
"Ha! You're gay!"
"Yeah you're queer!"
"You fancy boys!"
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

my sister told me when i was like 8. we were watching some movie, and i asked her what it meant.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by roythereaper
+1

'Faggot' means nothing to me, other than a bale of firewood. I refuse to believe it has any modern connotation. *coughs*

it's a piece of food!

honest.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."