So in Social Ethics our teacher showed us clips of Mississippi Burning to show about What The Klu Klux Klan Did. And i really do Feel Pretty sick & unproud about being white after seeing what The Klu Klux Klan did. Knowing that they acctually do/did stuff like that makes me feel really unproud of my Colour. I Nearly walked out of the room in disgust and feeling pretty sick, although its not a sick film.

I Really Hate Racism, i really cant see why everyone cant get along, were Human but some dumnbarse people cant see that, We ALL have the right to live. Unless they have Murdered Somebody, they dont deserve it then.

What are your thoughts of racism/Klu Klux Klan/mississippi Burning?
don't be sick of your own color or race - that's wrong. Be mad at stupidity. And I'm not white.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
They're all terrible things, but you shouldn't be ashamed about them because you didn't do it.

That's like saying I feel terrible about what Gacy and Manson did just because I'm a white guy. I didn't kill anyone.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by SP2991
So in Social Ethics our teacher showed us clips of Mississippi Burning to show about What The Klu Klux Klan Did. And i really do Feel Pretty sick & unproud about being white after seeing what The Klu Klux Klan did. Knowing that they acctually do/did stuff like that makes me feel really unproud of my Colour. I Nearly walked out of the room in disgust and feeling pretty sick, although its not a sick film.

I Really Hate Racism, i really cant see why everyone cant get along, were Human but some dumnbarse people cant see that, We ALL have the right to live. Unless they have Murdered Somebody, they dont deserve it then.

I used to live in Biloxi Mississippi, and as far as I remember, I never came across that much racism there. There were a few off color jokes here and there, but its not any more than I've heard elsewhere.

Anyway, don't be unproud of being white, yo. It's not that big of a deal what people you've never met have done, it has nothing to do with you.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I don't think you should be proud or not proud of anything you have no control over, such as your race or nationality. Racial/national pride is just a wedge used to divide people. In the long run, it's more destructive than anything.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by SP2991

Yes that film is extremely sobering viewing. Don't feel bad about it though, you had absolutely no part of it - and what's done is (sadly) done.
Quote by Dirk Gently
I don't think you should be proud or not proud of anything you have no control over, such as your race or nationality. Racial/national pride is just a wedge used to divide people. In the long run, it's more destructive than anything.

+1
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I feel that I missed out on sacricifing/being sacrificed to a feathered serpent, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I used to live in Biloxi Mississippi, and as far as I remember, I never came across that much racism there. There were a few off color jokes here and there, but its not any more than I've heard elsewhere.

Anyway, don't be unproud of being white, yo. It's not that big of a deal what people you've never met have done, it has nothing to do with you.

Really?

We have a grotesque amount of racism where I am (Southwestern VA). I hear that there's still Klan meetings that take place less than 20 miles from my home.

Every time I go in the bathroom at school there's something new written on the wall. Today there was a big Confederate flag with "f*ck n***ers" written under it. Sometimes it really shocks me.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
If people did that now I'd be embarrassed about my color. I had nothing to do with them then, so I don't find it degrading (to myself, not the event).
ahem...
i live in alabama
basically the heart of it....hell...klan meetings are still around and its just a bunch of ****
so i know how this guy feels
its a bunch of bull****
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I feel that I missed out on sacricifing/being sacrificed to a feathered serpent, though.

Yea the KKK was disgraceful, but you had no part in it. I'm only embarrassed about my colour because I can't dance for shiit, but hey.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by dudetheman
Really?

We have a grotesque amount of racism where I am (Southwestern VA). I hear that there's still Klan meetings that take place less than 20 miles from my home.

Every time I go in the bathroom at school there's something new written on the wall. Today there was a big Confederate flag with "f*ck n***ers" written under it. Sometimes it really shocks me.

Wow that's pretty bad. What you have to remember though (ironically even if that's in school) it's a lack of understanding and education.
Fucxking awesome film!loved how thos detectives were heartset on finding the bodies in the face of a town of complete wankers who were not afraid to kill in the name of their own arrogant pretentious and ****ing disgraceful ethics and and mindset.

Brought a tear too my eye and not many films do.ever.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by dudetheman
Really?

It's better than living in Missouri where you find people that are suddenly rednecks because of the rising popularity of the Blue Collar Comedy tour. They'll have Confederate Flags with, "Know your history" written on it. Those always make me laugh for a few reasons:

A. Being from the south, and away from it for the last few years, I've lost my accent, whereas people who have never been out of St. Louis have suddenly gotten one.
B. As far as I know, Missouri was a neutral state during the civil war, so which part of history do they know?
C. Even if we were part of the confederacy, the south still lost.. Being from the south, I proudly admit that.
D. It's not even the real Confederate Flag, it's just the battle flag, and these people are morons.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by red157
You're slightly dumb, but at least you know the difference between right and wrong.

ahahah agreed

Quote by Jack Off Jill
It's better than living in Missouri where you find people that are suddenly rednecks because of the rising popularity of the Blue Collar Comedy tour.

I always wondered where the sudden popularity came from... I'm near St. Louis myself.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Aparently the KKK started out as a group for civil war vets who wanted to get together and play cards and get drunk and stuff. Now its crazy white supremacy assholes. Its so puzzling. I don't understand how you can hate someone cause of race, one of my best friends is black and although i shoot some colored jokes at him i get some as well.

Racism is entirely rediculous.
ED REED BABY
Quote by DiveRightIn63
ahahah agreed

I always wondered where the sudden popularity came from... I'm near St. Louis myself.

I'm just assuming that is where it came from, I noticed that it started happening around that time. Before then, everyone I was in school with thought they were black. They kinda did a complete one eighty with that, eh? Turning into racist morons with fake accents.
Quote by vintage x metal

i am so not proud of being white that i consider myself black...

nah im just screwing with you.
but seriously, we suck balls.
Yep, racism sucks. It's like they said about the Nazis. When any group gets together with anti-social ideas, it's like Pandoras Box is opened and all sorts of evil horrors start to happen. If it was one or two individuals, they would probably know deep down their actions go against society. But when there is a mob mentality, they have others who believe in them and make them feel they're right. That's the dangerous part. So we need to look back and remember the sins of past generations to help prevent it happening again.

I saw a good TV doco recently about the murder of Emmett Till. That was in the mid-50's so it was 10 years before the days of Mississippi Burning and the 60's civil rights movement. What they did to that teenager was despicable. Although it was scandalous and controvertial at the time, they got away with it because it was the still the 50's.

http://www.watson.org/~lisa/blackhistory/early-civilrights/emmett.html

There's also some clips on Emmett Till at Youtube if you're interested. Google his name. Interesting stuff if you're doing a project on him. Or wanting a good documentary to watch.
Quote by SP2991

Yeah, people like that make me sick. Just remember, there is a difference between being proud to be white and the white superiority ****.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Don't let hollywood make you feel embarassed to be white. That is friggen ridiculous. I am very proud of my european roots although I don't ask for a special identifier (prefix/hyphen) to distinguish me like some others I know. I grew up along the Gulf Coast (Alabama, Mississippi). I moved to Missouri after Hurricane Katrina tore up my town. I now live in a county that is 98.X% white. Most of the people there think the world stops at the county line. I work in Africa. I don't see much racism in the rural area I live in now. I did see a lot of it down south from whites and blacks. I have never felt it here in any of the 4 African countries that I've worked in. I'm in Gabon right now (google it) A really nice country.
You've no reason to feel guilty. Don't let societies idiotic racial stereotyping politically correct BS trick you into thinking all white people are the same. Despite what Jesse Jackson says, the white race as a whole doesn't owe anybody anything.