I always hear people talking about the levels of music theory, like level one, level 6, etc. Could someone explain this further in detail to me or just put up a link to a place that does explain it well?

Thank You!
I'm pretty sure that's a British thing. I remember when a link was up a while back it was for some thing in England.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's british too, but songs over here are graded on a scale of 1 to 6 based on difficulty, 6 being the hardest.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I know in Japan there is a system based on letters, A being the hardest.

I don't know if America has such a thing...

I can get more info on the Japan thing if you want.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
In Canada we have 5 grades of music theory. Grade one and two is just basic rudimentary theory. In grade three you can take either early history, basic harmony, or basic keyboard harmony. In grade four you can take either basic counterpoint, middle period history, intermediate harmony, or intermediate keyboard harmony. In grade five you can take analysis, modern history, advanced counterpoint, advanced harmony, or advanced keyboard harmony.

I have my grade 2 rudimentary theory, and I do not know much about what the other courses entail. The history refers to history of orchestral music. Keyboard harmony is supposed to be similar to harmony only applied to a keyboard rather than an orchestra. The courses are designed to be taken by orchestral players, but rockers will benefit from taking them as well.

You probably hear about the British courses more often, which pressumably teach the same material, only spread it out into 8 grade levels.

Hope that helps.
Isaac.
Quote by isaac_bandits
I have my grade 2 rudimentary theory

Ay! Me too. Just got it a few months ago. Scored 99/100.

Sorry, just wanted to brag
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
^I have a Music Theory class that I have a 100 average in if that counts for anything...

As I was talking earlier about Japanese letter grades...THIS:http://youtube.com/watch?v=ntqsug9rFpI solo would be a level 'B' solo....

This:http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z3-uONNRl9s whole song is difficulty level C

And lastly, this song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FjPf6B8EVJI&feature=related is level A

My bad, A is easiest, not hardest!
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by Muphin
Ay! Me too. Just got it a few months ago. Scored 99/100.

Sorry, just wanted to brag

Ahhh. Congrats on that. I only scored 80/100, but I didnt have a teacher either, so I have no worries about my abilities. Was yours the Royal Conservatory of Music Examinations?
Quote by isaac_bandits
Ahhh. Congrats on that. I only scored 80/100, but I didnt have a teacher either, so I have no worries about my abilities. Was yours the Royal Conservatory of Music Examinations?

Yeah. Still waiting to get my certificate in the mail.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation