Anyone else ever get prompts in English class that you just cannot write with?

I have one right now. I'm only a paragraph into it and I can already tell it's going to be a horrible paper.

The prompt asks us if we agree with the statement "money can't buy happiness," then it asks us to explain why or why not.

yesterday she told us not to flip flop on the subject, but one thing is causing me to want to do so.....

HAPPINESS IS TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE!!!

AAHHH! It just burns me up to get these prompts that are total CRAP!

Anyone else have this problem?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i know what you mean, i get those all the time. screw the prof, write the paper on how happiness is subjective and therefore you would rather be open minded about the statement rather than remain a close minded, arrogant, ignorant, oaf.

either that or you could make the paper personal by discussing if money could buy you yourself happiness. I would also include at the end the fact that it is subjective and to you it can or can't but to someone else it could. there are what, 6 billion people in the world? basic statistics says that it is possible that, for at least 1 person in the world, money can buy happiness.

there you go. if they don't like it they can suck it.

good luck
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Bump!

Someone please help me, writing this paper is almost causing me physical pain.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Yeah, we have to write those all the time and pick one side. All you do is pick one side and go with straight pros on your position. It doesn't matter if you don't believe it. Essays are all about bullshitting anyway.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Bull****.

I'm dead serious. Just bull**** it. Really, if you have any real interest or ability in writing, you'll eventually discover that it's often more difficult than it's worth to try to write something that is true, quality writing, and will get a good grade.

I don't have anything more to help, but I love these things. Just ****ing with whoever's grading it. Maybe I'll get an anecdote up later.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jan 30, 2008,
i've had that numerous times
just give an example of a time when you've had fun doing something that was free, and an example of a time when you didnt have fun doing something expensive
and if you cant do that, then you suck
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...