Page 1 of 3
kids should know about this band.
one of the best punk/hardcore bands still out there.

if you have an idea of what hardcore is,
you should educate yourself by giving
bad brains! a listen.

what does everyone think about them?
anyone agree?
Bad Bwains!

They're okay, I grew out of them pretty quickly.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Awesome band, but I don't think the kids in this forum really like this type of hardcore. Everyone in punk & ska loves 'em.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
Awesome band, but I don't think the kids in this forum really like this type of hardcore. Everyone in punk & ska loves 'em.

lol all the regulars love true hardcore

either way, they are good, but def not one of my top 3 old school bands
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
There is a thread for BB already, but whatever.
i listened to the self titled LP yesterday. i keep digging the reggae more and more too....
They always bored me for some reason, even when I was more into hardcore.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I made a thread on them like last month, them, Black Flag, The Beastie Boys, Suicidal, and Minor Threat got me into hardcore.
well, i searched for a thread today, and didnt get ****.

so, i wanted to see what everyone thought of them.
they influenced me alot as a kid growing up, being surrounded by
disturbed, slipknot, and koRn.

they bored me, but as soon as i heard my first Bad Brains! song,
i grew to love the sound they make.

very great band.
i will never loose interest in them.
I'm gonna copy and paste what I wrote in the last Bad Brains thread, because I still have the same opinion:

At times, I like their music very much, but accusations of homophobia and their injections of religion into their music throw me off.
i like H.R. he makes me laugh, hes absolutely bat**** loco these days

a continues consumption of drugs maybe the cause
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
if bad brains are homophobic christians and sing about it in their songs then yeah, i have no respect for them.
A majority of religions promote homophobia, especially christianity. So anyway, the moral to this story is that religion ****ing sucks.

And by the way, rastafarian isn't a religion, a majority of rastifarians are christian, but there are a fair few unorthodox rustafarian versions of christianity.
Quote by Paracetamol

And by the way, rastafarian isn't a religion, a majority of rastifarians are christian, but there are a fair few unorthodox rustafarian versions of christianity.

that is simply not true

The Rastafari movement, or Rasta, is a new religious movement that accepts Haile Selassie I, the former Emperor of Ethiopia, as God incarnate, whom they call Jah. He is also seen as part of the Holy Trinity as the messiah promised in the Bible to return. The name Rastafari comes from Ras (literally "Head," an Ethiopian title equivalent to Duke), and Tafari Makonnen, the pre-coronation name of Haile Selassie I.

Rastafarians use the old testement, but they are not christians
I'd like to see a band today that has as much originality that Bad Brains had back in the 70's
Hardcore punk+Metal influence=Metalcore
Metalcore+Death metal influence=Deathcore
Hardcore punk+Death metal influence=Grindcore
Death metal+Hardcore punk influence=Deathgrind
Bad Brains practically put hardcore together by hand. their originality still impresses me today. yea, i have to admit the homophobia does throw me off a little, though. no one's perfect, i guess.

'tis life
i searched up rastafarians.
the definition of it sounds like a bunch of hippies who want to get high and not get caught, so they use religion and spiritualism as excuse...
Quote by recklessnick
i searched up rastafarians.
the definition of it sounds like a bunch of hippies who want to get high and not get caught, so they use religion and spiritualism as excuse...

i can only see the acceptance of marijuana in rastafarianism as a passed on tradition from where ever the religion may have originated from..remember, not all rastafarians smoke, and its not a must do for the religion, but this considering, rasta is stemmed mostly from jewish and christian scripture, sight a little gandhi, and also, dont be ignorant, your knowledge of marijuana and its illegality is because of your western home country's take on teh substance, and not forgetting that its only been a good 40 years of its history of actually benig illegal, and rastafarianism was generated about 40 years before that
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Quote by bloodstained
i can only see the acceptance of marijuana in rastafarianism as a passed on tradition from where ever the religion may have originated from..remember, not all rastafarians smoke, and its not a must do for the religion, but this considering, rasta is stemmed mostly from jewish and christian scripture, sight a little gandhi, and also, dont be ignorant, your knowledge of marijuana and its illegality is because of your western home country's take on teh substance, and not forgetting that its only been a good 40 years of its history of actually benig illegal, and rastafarianism was generated about 40 years before that

I agree, but im pretty sure nick is from asia
Quote by ShellBlast
I'd like to see a band today that has as much originality that Bad Brains had back in the 70's

80's
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by xMowglix
kids should know about this band.
one of the best punk/hardcore bands still out there.

if you have an idea of what hardcore is,
you should educate yourself by giving
bad brains! a listen.

what does everyone think about them?
anyone agree?

Funny, I remember when you posted threads about the ****tiest bands ever.
Looks like someone Wikipedia'd hardcore.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by recklessnick
if bad brains are homophobic christians and sing about it in their songs then yeah, i have no respect for them.

they have since admitted they regret those views they once had.

i like bad brains. there's always space for them in my cd rack although they're not likely to ever be one my favourite bands.
Last edited by kryptonite22 at Feb 9, 2008,
Wow, I'm giving a listen and they're really good. What's with the whole spacey voice thing though?
^Listen to the older stuff, like I against I, Sailin On, Pay to Cum, Banned in DC, ect.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by saxaxe
meh.
They've been all over MTV this week. It's weird.

Yeah! wtf is going on with that? I hate it.
Page 1 of 3