ok about a month ago i got a Marshall MG 100 from guitar center, i thought it sounded prety nice. When i tried it out at home i got this wierd high pitched screech, i just played over it, i thought it had something to do with my guitar pickups.. cause jet kings have been knows to have pickup problems... Well after trying my guitar on my friends amp and getting a godly tone did i realize what a mistake of 400$ the marshall was. So i want to return it and get something better... it's been past 30 days but i called the store and a guy said they might be able to help me out if i wanted to buy a better amp. So now... what should i get? i think ill ad 100-200$ more making my price range round 600$

I just want a versatile amp that can do rock, metal, and even some funk if theres any tube amps round that price that would be awesome... only conditions is that i need to be able to play with a band and still be loud. Ive had terrible luck shopping for amps.... since i realy dont know whats good and whats not... help me UG!
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
vox
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
Peavey Valveking 112 or 212 with an OD pedal like a TS9 or OCD (if you're lucky enough to find an OCD in GC).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
you seem to be stuck on the solid states, and though they may provide a cheaper solution, I strongly urge you to fork over for a real tube amp. You may want to sell your other Crate/Fender/MG to add more money.
As far as recommendations in your price range if you want new, i guess the Peave Valve King, but I suggest you look towards used, for $600 you might be able to get a real tube Marshall off ebay. (I'm not trying to say a tube Marshall is the best choice for you, but since you bought the MG I'm gonna guess that your a little attached to Marshall?)
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
If he likes ss amps he should get a jazz chorous
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Buying a used tube amp would be nice... but im kinda stuck with GC cause they wont take my MG back if i dont get a better amp from them... They Peavey valveking sounds prety sweet, i wanna spend round 600 so maybe the valveking 212? are there any amps that are not as high wats that would be better quality? or is the 212 totaly worth it? i think ima go now and start bartering
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
Get the 112 and use the extra money to get a new speaker for it, like a Celestion V30. That would be hella sweet.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
how about you go and start playing a bunch of amps at GC to see what you like since you are going to be buying from them?
yeah but look at the tube amps specifically and play a solid state right next to a tube to hear the difference
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by Sid McCall
Get the 112 and use the extra money to get a new speaker for it, like a Celestion V30. That would be hella sweet.

+1
Or if you could get a B-52 AT-112 that would be nice. Prett good cleans with an OK crunch and good metal sounds.
Check the used section of your GC on their website and see if there's anything good that you might want to take a look at, if there's more than one in your state, it might be worth it to check the other ones as they'll ship the amp to your guitar center so you can pick it up. However, check with the GC that they'll take it back on a used item, chances are they will, but for some stuff they're not willing to for some reason (at least mine isn't). Check it out, you might find something you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
fender blues junior.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Niiice! soo the Peavey ValveKing 212 was 499 at GC. i had my amp returned and got it for 170$ protection plan an all. and this amp ROCKS! im never going back to solid state now Thanks Sid, and french you guys set me up with a nice rig.
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100