So, I bought a laptop so I could play a video game and record. I get said laptop and find out it won't run my game. Skipping details, it turns out that I received a dv6500z when I ordered a dv6700z. Now, on the manufacturers tech specs website, it says a dv6700z has a certain graphics card, but the machine I got does not have it. (note: I didn't order that graphics card, but the website said it was that machine.) My main question: Do you think that I should be able to get that card for my laptop, considering I technically received the wrong one, or should I stop bitching and take it as a life lesson?
Get it replaced with the one you ordered.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
1) laptops for gaming = silly

2) looks like they screwed you, if you paid for a better model and they send you a ****ter one, then you have the right to get what you paid for. was probably an accident
That model number sounds like HP, if so good luck with their customer service. Took them 3 months and cost me $300 to fix a faulty USB port, the ****ty part is they would not send me the laptop back untouched, they said I HAD to pay to get it fixed if I wanted it back. Horrible, I would never buy another HP though it seems these days they have some nice computers, my dv8000 was a piece of ****.
The components are what I ordered, just the model number is different. Technically, my laptop is required to have the tech specs on the website, so, under the circumstances, I believe I have the legal grounds to sue, so one word of that to rep's supervisor, and I'm pretty damn sure I'll get it taken care of pretty quickly.
Last edited by Shirate at Jan 30, 2008,
Quote by Remonster
That model number sounds like HP, if so good luck with their customer service. Took them 3 months and cost me $300 to fix a faulty USB port, the ****ty part is they would not send me the laptop back untouched, they said I HAD to pay to get it fixed if I wanted it back. Horrible, I would never buy another HP though it seems these days they have some nice computers, my dv8000 was a piece of ****.

Sorry if this is a bit nasty, but a USB hub costs $15 MAX for a decent one with 4-8 ports unless this was the ONLY usb port, this all seems a bit pathetic.