For about the past two years I've been thinking about what I want to do with my life in the future. Wife, kids, and family I don't really care too much for. I've been thinking about living in various places in the world for about 6-7 years at a time because I want to see the whole world and experience the many different cultures, to me that is much more important than having a family.

I'm 16 but I can already speak pretty good Spanish, enough to the extent of where I think I can go to a Spanish country and communicate enough until I become completely fluent.

I am really interested in foreign languages and want to make them my college major and possibly be a translator or something. My dad's friend just got back from China on a business trip and he said that the entire time they had trouble communicating with their Chinese consultants, and that if the only skill you have is speaking several languages, and nothing else, you will still be making tons of money. So I am thinking about learning Chinese as well one day, as well as the other Romance Languages since they are just like Spanish pretty much, and possibly Arabic and other big languages.

I've got a long time to accomplish my life-long goal and no one to slow me down, so I was wondering if you guys think my expectations are too high, or what?

Travelling is the best way you can spend your life. Love will grow old, but there are always more places to see.

love is a dog from hell.

Quote by we have sound

Travelling is the best way you can spend your life. Love will grow old, but there are always more places to see.

Yea, maybe the fact that my dad has divorced 4 times now is what has made me lose faith in marriages and what not.
i dont think your expectations are too high. even if they are, its better to have them to high than too low.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...