I was on the guitar center web site and I looke at these two amps. One was a Crate VTX Series VTX30b Tube Amp. The other amp was a Vox Valvetronix AD15VT amp. They are both for 200.00. I cant decide which. The music i am mostly into is any thing tht goes from the blues to death metal or sumthing.
VTX30b is a good amp - it will not give you good metal tones without a distortion pedal.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Sorry bud, I've never used a ToneCore Uber Metal distortion pedal so unfortunately I can't comment on it.

Of the two, the Vox will yield the most versatility. However, I believe the VTX30b sounds better overall, as limited as it may be. Try them both out and compare yourself. Also try out a Roland Cube 30 - I can't comment on this amp either as I have never played it, but I hear it's a great low end amplifier.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
That VTX30B isn't a tube amp, it's a solid state.

That being said, I've had other Crate amps (not this particular one, but used the same Flexwave preamp) and I've very much preferred the Roland Cube 30 (which I used to own).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
vox. buy yourself a muff. it's a good investment and its really good and inexpensive. Either the Big Muff or Metal Muff
People are always saying that the Valvetronix can't do metal, but mine does metal just fine. I got the AD30VT and its really versatile and i love it
I'll assume that this is strictly a practice amp that you're looking for?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."