View poll results: What do you think about this kid
HE ROCKS!!!!
21 23%
Waste of life...
72 77%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KUzNcheoY6U

so i was on youtube watching stuff and my bro's like ZOMG WATCH GUITAR HERO VIDEOZ!!!11! I'm like alright w/e just stfu. Anywho, this kid is really good at guitar hero. But what surprised me more was the comments people left about how amazing it is. I think it's dumb to support someone in playing fake guitar like all the other people have.

So the question is:
Does he rock or is he a waste of life?
well, it's not a waste of life, he just has a lot of free time..... so he basically has NO life.......
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
This is sooo old.

Isn't it?

I've seen it a million times lolz.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Quote by Hohn042
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KUzNcheoY6U

so i was on youtube watching stuff and my bro's like ZOMG WATCH GUITAR HERO VIDEOZ!!!11! I'm like alright w/e just stfu. Anywho, this kid is really good at guitar hero. But what surprised me more was the comments people left about how amazing it is. I think it's dumb to support someone in playing fake guitar like all the other people have.

So the question is:
Does he rock or is he a waste of life?

His 9, so his life being judged as a waste is what I would say 'retarded'
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
totally agree, parents should be so ashamed get the kid a real guitar or a real hobby donjt let computer games ruin his chances of a life
Quote by Jackintehbox
Why can't we just let the kid have fun?

Exactly. He's 9 ffs.

EDIT: To guy below me...

He's fucking 9 years old!

He is really really good, and that tapping thing he does at the beginning is cool, but still, waste of life.
Quote by Angus_Junior35
well, it's not a waste of life, he just has a lot of free time..... so he basically has NO life.......

Ya, he's right^

The kid probably just doesn't have a life and spends all of his time GH

Like...I'm guessing at least 50% of the musicians here spend all their time playing real guitar.....like me
Quote by Jackintehbox
Why can't we just let the kid have fun?

Cause he is not allowed to have fun.
He is awesome!!
...but I play Guitar Hero with the normal Analog controller on PS2...
i play both, i have some ok skills with gh, and i have some ok skills with guitar, i can respect them both, i think its weird that your so closed minded about this, its getting people re-involved with rock music again, so i dont see a down side to guitar hero.
He's just a kid. You don't to judge him. =/

Then again, if his parents don't make him stop and get him a guitar , he's gonna
have a big ego...
Quote by Doppelgänger
Exactly. He's 9 ffs.

EDIT: To guy below me...

He's fucking 9 years old!

Excellent point, I guess waste of life is a little harsh,
but I still say he should have friends instead of playing gh3 for like 27 hours a day.
He's 9. He's playing a game he enjoys.

Give me a ****ing break. Why do you people get so threatened over this kind of stuff? And the funny thing is it's always the worst guitarists/newbs that complain about other people's lack of skill or bitch about GH.
it's crazy he learned to tap like that. and on a fake guitar.

i don't know what to decide, im kinda in between
-GBD <JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!
Quote by Tazeyo
He is awesome!!
...but I play Guitar Hero with the normal Analog controller on PS2...

So... do you use the cable as a strap?
Seriously what were most of you doing when you were nine? Probably wathcing Nick Toons and generally wasting your time. That's childhood for ya'.
12 fret fury
Quote by Punk Poser
Seriously what were most of you doing when you were nine? Probably wathcing Nick Toons and generally wasting your time. That's childhood for ya'.

haha yeah seriously, if it was an adult, it would be a totally different story....
Quote by moody07747
GH is only a game, i think its a waste of time even though I have one for wii.
I hardly play it though and my bro is the one who originally wanted it...

Im sticking with real guitars

What would you guys do if someone said that guitar playing is only a game (Which they could have a very good argument for)?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
He has lots of free time because he's only nine, when I was nine me and my friend TRIED to get homework but we never did. If he could play guitar hero that good at age nine he'd probably have a lot of friends.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
For the love of god, enough with the fucking GH threads. P L E A S E
"Most of you say "get a real guitar" probably just because you could never play like this kid, he is awesome"

Makes me laugh...
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by fortysix&2
What would you guys do if someone said that guitar playing is only a game (Which they could have a very good argument for)?

Shrezzz tehir face 0f!!!!!1!!one!!
Quote from that interview with the kid...."I don't really put my hands on the buttons, I just push them." WTF does that mean?
Guitar Hero isn't that bad, I hate how everyone criticises it. It can be good for your timing, is good timing a bad thing?
Quote by jimmy8778
i play both, i have some ok skills with gh, and i have some ok skills with guitar, i can respect them both, i think its weird that your so closed minded about this, its getting people re-involved with rock music again, so i dont see a down side to guitar hero.

Why can't more people be like this guy?
I personally have had my life ruined by video games. First it was basic games, then online console games, then all-out MMO addiction for 2 years, I wasted about 4 years of my life. No telling how much better I could be at real guitar if I had spent time on it then. You guys can argue that he is just having fun or whatever but at the rate he is going, he might end up in the same situation as me and have to look back at a wasted life, and trust me, it is not fun.

Besides no one honestly gives two ****s how fast you can press plastic buttons.
Quote by Regression
Guitar Hero isn't that bad, I hate how everyone criticises it. It can be good for your timing, is good timing a bad thing?

Actually if you have no concept of rhythm and time measurement in music, it won't help you at all. And real guitar helps with timing too.
Quote by symphonyX99
I personally have had my life ruined by video games. First it was basic games, then online console games, then all-out MMO addiction for 2 years, I wasted about 4 years of my life. No telling how much better I could be at real guitar if I had spent time on it then. You guys can argue that he is just having fun or whatever but at the rate he is going, he might end up in the same situation as me and have to look back at a wasted life, and trust me, it is not fun.

Besides no one honestly gives two ****s how fast you can press plastic buttons.

I had similar experiences...None really bad but I was playing WoW alot for awhile, raiding every night etc. I havent been on for like a month now and am not missing it...
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I had similar experiences...None really bad but I was playing WoW alot for awhile, raiding every night etc. I havent been on for like a month now and am not missing it...

Hehe, same for me. It was just basic video games, then Halo 2 for a year, then Halo 2 Xbox Live for a year, then Runescape for a year, then WoW for about a year and a half solid. I slowed down last spring break, started up a bit in the summer, slowed down during the school year and have ultimately quit by now.
Page 1 of 2