Page 1 of 3
since it seems like everyone likes talking about past concerts they've been to or ones they are going to, i thought id make a thread about it.

so, any shows you guys have been to or are going to that are worth talking about?

im going to the dropkick and big d st pattys day show in lowell, which should be a lot of fun
The last band that I saw live was either the Black Crowes or Avenged Sevenfold.... I can't remember which it was (It was in October and they were about a week apart). Both were incredible concerts.
And I just realized this was a punk thread haha. I didn't mean to click on this. Whatever
The best concert I've been to was the Casualties. It kicked assssss. Seriously, no other show can compare. Greatest mosh ever.
wow so your one of those bastards who got a ticket to the Murphy's show instead of me....
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
I was at a Against all Authority, Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, and Less Than Jake concert not that long ago.
Last show i went to was: wartorn, expendable youth, bosque. rat bastards, la armada, and some other locals played also
last show before that: ABRADE (last show ever), Morbid obesity, intifada, pygmy death
next show im really stoked on is vitamin x, sin orden, intifada, cold shoulder.
Quote by UnrealJello
I was at a Against all Authority, Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, and Less Than Jake concert not that long ago.

yeahh i went to go see them last summer, that ended up being such a fun show
Quote by _wow_
yeahh i went to go see them last summer, that ended up being such a fun show

I think it was durring the summer it was at San diego house of blues.
Best punk show I've ever been to would have to be Subhumans with World Inferno. Both bands were amazing.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I saw the casual tees and did 15 mash pits lololol.

Next show I'm going to is a fundraiser for a pro-choice group and it's at this new venue and The Martyr Index are playing. Also some other neat bands.

I used to go to punk shows like every week until Calgary decided to be a pile of crap.
Quote by sargasm

Next show I'm going to is a fundraiser for a pro-choice group and it's at this new venue and The Martyr Index are playing. Also some other neat bands.

I used to go to punk shows like every week until Calgary decided to be a pile of crap.

Those must've been some really wild mash pits.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
TS, I'm jealous. I wanted to go but they're not coming to DC.

Anyway, the best punk show I've been to is Big D and the Kids Table, for the third time. I was in the front row, which I hadn't actually meant to be in since I love moshing to them, but it was great. The first time I saw them was with Anti-Flag, which was loads of fun. The second was at Warped Tour (I couldn't move the next day).

Bad Religion was also fantastic, as were the Toasters and the Unseen. I don't know if the Living End count as punk, but that's the best concert I've ever been to, regardless of genre. Oh, Rise Against also put on a really good show.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
The best concert I've been to was the Casualties. It kicked assssss. Seriously, no other show can compare. Greatest mosh ever.

Quote by sargasm

Do the Martyr Index ever tour in the US? 'Cause I'd love to see them, but not enough to make the trek into Canada.

Anyway, the next show I'm going to is Ambitions, Crime In Stereo, and a bunch of local bands this Saturday (thank you IlikeTheSKA). Not really very punk...at all. If you're gonna bitch about it, I'm seeing Westbound Train and Bedouin Soundclash next month and then the Riverboat Gamblers and Paint It Black with Strike Anywhere the next week, both at the Knitting Factory.

Wow, that was a long run on sentence.
i was at streetlight manifestos headlining show for the new album about 2 weeks ago...craziest show of my life. everybody got so into it, those guys know how to put on a show
Quote by hardrock1315

Do the Martyr Index ever tour in the US? 'Cause I'd love to see them, but not enough to make the trek into Canada.

They did in the summer. They even played 924 gilman.

They'll probably do it again sometime.
I've only been going to shows for about 2 years and I've already seen countless local bands and a bunch of really good national acts. Somewhat well known bands I've seen, off the top of my head:

Against All Authority
Big D and the Kids Table
Can Kickers (weird folksy stuff)
Dr. Acula (pig-squealing grindcore)
Ghost Mice
Green Day
Kimya Dawson (another folk singer... I have a lot of folx punx friends who drag me to shows)
Reel Big Fish
The Stitch-Up (feat. Dan from MU330)
Streetlight Manifesto
Subhumans
Suburban Legends
Suicide Machines
Whole Wheat Bread
Witch Hunt

The Subhumans are the absolute best I've ever seen. Streetlight Manifesto is a close second, and so is Whole Wheat Bread.

Hopefully, I'll get to see Big D and the Dropkick Murphys this March. I missed the Dropkick Murphys on their Warrior's Code tour because I couldn't get a ride... same with Rancid that same summer.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Last edited by JesusOfSbrbia at Jan 31, 2008,
I might be going to see The Only Ones in March. That should be fun.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
The Subhumans are the absolute best I've ever seen. Streetlight Manifesto is a close second, and so is Whole Wheat Bread.

Hopefully, I'll get to see Big D and the Dropkick Murphys this March. I missed the Dropkick Murphys on their Warrior's Code tour because I couldn't get a ride... same with Rancid that same summer.

I missed The Subhumans.........

......but I´ve seen the Dropkick Murphys two times , they were awesome both times

The next time I think i won´t go to a concert, because I have to learn for my A-levels (maybe what I do is different it´s called abitur and allows me to go to University).......but afterwards the time will come, additionally I´ll move to a bigger city for University and there will be more concerts
i went to the misfits show pretty reacently it was probaly one of the best stage shows ive seen in a while. im bout to go to NOFX in march,and Hennery Rollins is comming to the cains in a little while also.
Quote by RustyMurder
i went to the misfits show pretty reacently it was probaly one of the best stage shows ive seen in a while. im bout to go to NOFX in march,and Hennery Rollins is comming to the cains in a little while also.

Hennery Rollins? Is he related to Henry Rollins?
Quote by lavazza
I mean you have to spend 50€ on Jethro Tull so it HAS TO be better

Only about 30 euros, tickets were £20, which is pretty f*cking reasonable for one of the top 100 selling artists of all time.

I paid £10 for the UK subs, who, for the record, are absolutely sh*t live, so don't bother going to their shows.

I'd rather pay £10 more for something that's actually worth getting out of bed for.

I can guarantee you that bands like Ransh*t and Lars Fredersh*tson and the Bastards will charge about £20 on the door. So did the Bread Kennedys.

Plus Jethro Tull play for about 3 hours.
Quote by XxFIENDxX
Hennery Rollins? Is he related to Henry Rollins?

Hennery Rollins is Hank's pet chicken, that lays fresh eggs for him every morning.

How else could he have built up the neck of doom?
i've seen
rancid
nofx
anti-flag x2
blink-182
dropkick murphys x2
less than jake x2
flogging molly x3
reel big fish
streetlight manifesto
transplants
tiger army
time again
the unseen
big d and the kids table x3
the casualties x3
whole wheat bread
and many other bands i cant remember
Quote by hardrock1315

Anyway, the next show I'm going to is Ambitions, Crime In Stereo, and a bunch of local bands this Saturday (thank you IlikeTheSKA). Not really very punk...at all. If you're gonna bitch about it, I'm seeing Westbound Train and Bedouin Soundclash next month and then the Riverboat Gamblers and Paint It Black with Strike Anywhere the next week, both at the Knitting Factory.

The Ambitions/CiS show is only with one other band, I believe.

After that, Hostage Calm is playing in Bellmore at 8pm, so I'm thinking I can see Ambitions/CiS, stop at All American Hamburger, get to Bellmore, and see Hostage Calm (probably miss 1 or 2 bands in the beginning).
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
The Ambitions/CiS show is only with one other band, I believe.

After that, Hostage Calm is playing in Bellmore at 8pm, so I'm thinking I can see Ambitions/CiS, stop at All American Hamburger, get to Bellmore, and see Hostage Calm (probably miss 1 or 2 bands in the beginning).

All American Burger is the best, most disgusting, greasy, and great food ever.

According to the flyer, there are 4 other bands besides Ambitions and CiS: Thieves and Assasins, Incendiary, Buddy Up!, and Small Arms Dealer. Never heard of/seen any of them.

If your plan works out, that would be a very, very good night.
Quote by hardrock1315
All American Burger is the best, most disgusting, greasy, and great food ever.

According to the flyer, there are 4 other bands besides Ambitions and CiS: Thieves and Assasins, Incendiary, Buddy Up!, and Small Arms Dealer. Never heard of/seen any of them.

If your plan works out, that would be a very, very good night.

Damn, when I checked there was only Thieves and Assassins.

The Hostage Calm show is with 4 or so other bands, also. I haven't heard of many of them either.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by I_Pwn
Bomb the Music Industry! on saturday.

I could've gone last Saturday, the show was about a mile from my house. I had **** to do though...
^Lucky bastard
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by I_Pwn
Bomb the Music Industry! on saturday.

*gasp* i was almost going to go to that show but i am unpunx and have to work

have fun in jamaica though

i am seeing the street dogs in may though
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Last edited by BostonLacrosse at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by xSepulturax
Jay Reatard! April 5th motherfu*kers.
And maybe X on march 31st...

Oh man, I'm so excited about this. I am a huge Black Keys fan and I love Jay's stuff as well. I'll probably be seeing them April 2
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I guess I might get to play a show with Teenage Bottlerocket, The Copyrights, The Leftovers, and The Guts in early April. If that happens, it will be the best show that I've ever been to. Hands down.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Only about 30 euros, tickets were £20, which is pretty f*cking reasonable for one of the top 100 selling artists of all time.

I paid £10 for the UK subs, who, for the record, are absolutely sh*t live, so don't bother going to their shows.

I'd rather pay £10 more for something that's actually worth getting out of bed for.

I can guarantee you that bands like Ransh*t and Lars Fredersh*tson and the Bastards will charge about £20 on the door. So did the Bread Kennedys.

Plus Jethro Tull play for about 3 hours.

Good arguments.........I wanted to go to a Tull concert 5 years ago or so, but when I found out there was a math test the next day i canceled it, but I think when I wanted to see them they costed 40 or 50€........but since I know today I can get a wonderful day with a dozen good bands for less money I´ll think twice before I spend so much
Page 1 of 3