ok so yeah my name is led_zeppelin... and ive been playing for two years, but believe it or not im just getting around to learning Stairway to Heaven haha...
the intro doesnt seem hard, just a quick question, do u guys use a pick? i believe in footage ive seen Page does use one, and i would think for the solo and stuff a pick would b a must... but im just wondering beccause the intro seems like a pick just gets in the way...

so yeah thanks ;]
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Well I learned how to play it w/o a pick but you can do it either way. I play it weird w/ a pick, though... I use the pick and my middle finger. Idk how to describe it, but you can do it either way.
i play the into with a pick, and its really easy
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
I originally finger picked it, but not I hold a pick and play the other notes with my middle or little finger.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
I keep a pick in my mouth and for the intro I play using fingerpicking. And for hte chords and solo I use the pick. You look badass doing it, too. lol
Quote by Hillman
I keep a pick in my mouth and for the intro I play using fingerpicking. And for hte chords and solo I use the pick. You look badass doing it, too. lol

+1
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
I keep the pick in my mouth for the intro too, and when you get to the chords part you get the pick, the transition takes a little practice to get smoothly.
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~

"Idiot"
ok thanks a lot guys... i think ill prob go for the bad ass technique and put it in my mouth haha... lol i love UG
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Quote by Hillman

+2398473292

that is exactly what i do.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
^^^ What they said, just don't swallow your pick like the idiot in The Pit.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
I cradel the pick inside the palm of my hand whne fingerpicking the intro, then flip it out when playing the chords.
sigh...
Quote by enceps
I cradel the pick inside the palm of my hand whne fingerpicking the intro, then flip it out when playing the chords.

Putting the pick in your mouth acting like your lickin a va jay jay is more bad ass.
i hybrid pick it.

its when you use the pick and your fingers to play at the same time.