I've been looking to buy a 6-string lately, and right now I'm looking at the Ibanez SR506. Has anyone had any experience with these? I've played around with one at Guitar Center a few times, but never really enough to get a good feel for it. I'm not too picky with the tone of it, as long as it's fairly versatile (for comparison, I have a Schecter Stiletto 5-string, and I love the tones I can get out of it). Any input would be appreciated, and if you have any other recommendations for a 6-string in the same price range (around $600), feel free to suggest them to me.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
My ex-girlfriend/now good friend owns an SR506 and they're pretty solid. I don't like the Ibanez neck, but it's got the (almost) always-there Ibanez electronic goodness. And if I recall, all the SR50(0,5,6) series have Bartolini pups installed. Maybe not their flagship range, but great pups nontheless.

You could do a lot worse.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Yeah, I actually remember liking the neck when I played it. It was pretty small and thin, which is good for me, since I have small hands. And yes, they do have Bartolinis, which I've heard can get you a great tone, but I've never had any hands-on experience with them.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
Yeah, I actually remember liking the neck when I played it.

Actually, in the six-string arena, I can appreciate the Ibanez neck profile. I still don't like it, but being an inexperienced 6'er, it did help offset the "woah, shit, extra half a mile of fretboard width" feeling.

And the Bart's on the SR506 are extremely versatile and clear. I'm still a split or singles man, but they're very nice.

FWIW, I don't own this, have no intentions of owning a six string, but I played it a lot when I was with the owner of the one I did play, and then intermittently for a few years after that. My experience with it is quite good.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Jan 30, 2008,
Played it once or twice in store

overall playing time maybe 90 mins??

not that long, but 6'ers really dont suit me, sounded nice though, and yeah I'm a fan if the Ibanez SR range, I say go for it
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"