Well, I got a 2.2 and had 2 C's and 2 D's...

I got both my basses (I can't play with my acoustic guitar or keyboard either) taken away for the next 6 WEEKS!

So yeah I'll suck at bass the next time I pick one up.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Ha dang, but serioursly sorry about that.....The real question is if you bought these guitars or the keyboard with your money..then take them back -or sue.
cheers betch
2 c's aint bad, a D could be better. I'm a ****up with school though, your parents just want you to succeed. I wish my parents punished me harder when I screwed up. Oh welll... *sigh*
Should have had better grades...
I got all A's last semester.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
a 2.2? no offense but thats terrible. im sure they just want to teach u a lesson even though 6 weeks is kinda harsh.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Good. It'll give you more time to spend on your schoolwork. You obviously need it.

I'm lazy as hell, but I do much better than that in school.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
haha that sucks

i didnt get anything less than a B-
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Well here's your chance to brush up on theory! I was overseas for the last three and a half weeks and all I worked on while I was on the plane and in the hotel room was my theory, and when I got back yesterday and played for the first time I was better than ever.

Also study. It'll pay off eventually. Plus mathematics makes you a better musician.
Quote by MustangMan311
Six weeks is ridiculous, but so is having that kind of average. Haha. Study up on theory in the mean time!

Yeah dude, I'll definitly do that...

and while I'm doing that i might pick up one of those pencil things and actually do my homework.
Awakening The Revenant

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Wow that sucks, luckily i have parents who wouldnt DARE take my guitars away from me!!
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Wow that sucks, luckily i have parents who wouldnt DARE take my guitars away from me!!

You lucky bastard...

I was gonna ask em' if they could take something else away... I was even thinking about paying them to let me have my instruments back (oh, btw I can still play my saxophone, but there's seriously no point becuase I'm in 8th grade and we play the simplest music ever written.)
Awakening The Revenant

Quote by shavorules42
Hmm, time to check on those priorities, eh? Anyhow, use the time to listen to music and yes, brush up on theory. And maybe if you show some effort on getting those grades up, maybe you can shorten your sentence on the basis of proven good behaviour, and get your musical instruments back earlier.
Quote by anarkee
Hmm, time to check on those priorities, eh? Anyhow, use the time to listen to music and yes, brush up on theory. And maybe if you show some effort on getting those grades up, maybe you can shorten your sentence on the basis of proven good behaviour, and get your musical instruments back earlier.

+1

Though I'd say, brush up on your damned schoolwork too. I didn't, and I didn't turn out so well. Make the most of it, figure your ass out, and use it while you can. You have your entire life to play bass, you have until you're 18 to make the most of your education.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Zida
wait, you have a guitar?

just... practice on your guitar....

No lol
They took all my instruments (except my sax which doesn't need to be played on becuase 8th grade music is eeeeeeaasyy.)

Thank god they didn't take my iPod, I would seriosuly comit suicide.
Awakening The Revenant

Quote by shavorules42
Quote by carrotcake

Yeah, i dont know what i would do without my ipod!
or my guitars! hahah
but i still have to stop smoking in my house
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
try not being dumb, but meanwhile, stop by a guitar center and play with their basses, lol
So they took away your musical instruments... which are really good for both your logical and abstract thinking skills, and for your creativity, but they are letting you get on the computer to post all over UG.

Sounds like their punishment makes as much sense as your homework probably did

You have to get it from somewhere right?

Why don't you trade them internet privalages for musical instrument privalages and benifit everyone and your own grades!?
this is such a coincidence. Not more than 20 minutes ago my mom went online to look at my grades (which are WAY better than they are online cause i got them all up but they havent been updated) and i have a D in english. ONE D!!! and she took my car away AND im not allowed to go on a much awaited road trip with my friends this weekend!!
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
Quote by carrotcake
You lucky bastard...

I was gonna ask em' if they could take something else away... I was even thinking about paying them to let me have my instruments back (oh, btw I can still play my saxophone, but there's seriously no point becuase I'm in 8th grade and we play the simplest music ever written.)

You got those grades in 8th grade?!

Good luck, buddy.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by TagRingo
You got those grades in 8th grade?!

Good luck, buddy.

yea seriously i got straight A's all through middle school but now in my Junior year im lucky to get an a or b in anything except PE and Electives
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
I'm lazy as hell, but I do much better than that in school.

+1 My teacher tells me that if I actually tried, I could be super awesome at everything, but I'm too lazy to prove her right.

Quote by carrotcake

An hero?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by carrotcake
No lol
They took all my instruments (except my sax which doesn't need to be played on becuase 8th grade music is eeeeeeaasyy.)

with that kind of attitude, you'll go nowhere with music. It shouldn't matter what your band plays, if its to easy, practice it enough so that you can play it with your eyes closed, and if you don't feel like doing that, ask the conductor for some tougher solo material, so you ca better yourself.

take the time to work on your school work, and get off the internet. Complaining won't help your grades or your lack of instruments.
My mom would never take my bass unless I cranked it any time after 9:30 (she would stop me, but we live in an apartment). She would tell me no TV, no computer, and no video games (which isn't a problem because music has now caused my GameCube to form a thick layer of dust). It doesn't hurt that I play music that my mom likes and I'm not half bad at it. Also I never get bad grades. My counselor almost yelled at me for not trying hard enough in my classes after she saw my test scores next to my grades. Apparently 3.4 GPA + 31 ACT = angry counsleor. ALL IN ALL, JUST DON"T BE AN IDIOT! School is NOT hard for even the dumbest ****s of them all. I'm disapointed when I see lazy bassists. It makes me want to ****ing kill a kitten with a plastic bag. It makes us all look bad. Everyone assumes us bassist are stupid becuse of our "easy" instrument. Show them wrong god ****ing dammit.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
Quote by Wasted Bassist
My mom would never take my bass unless I cranked it any time after 9:30 (she would stop me, but we live in an apartment). She would tell me no TV, no computer, and no video games (which isn't a problem because music has now caused my GameCube to form a thick layer of dust). It doesn't hurt that I play music that my mom likes and I'm not half bad at it. Also I never get bad grades. My counselor almost yelled at me for not trying hard enough in my classes after she saw my test scores next to my grades. Apparently 3.4 GPA + 31 ACT = angry counsleor. ALL IN ALL, JUST DON"T BE AN IDIOT! School is NOT hard for even the dumbest ****s of them all. I'm disapointed when I see lazy bassists. It makes me want to ****ing kill a kitten with a plastic bag. It makes us all look bad. Everyone assumes us bassist are stupid becuse of our "easy" instrument. Show them wrong god ****ing dammit.

you should design a "Bass Power" flag or something.
That's a hard blow, I myself didn't do a thing in a school when I was there, but thankfully I got into university and everything fell into place, so either get extremely lucky like I did, or get the books out and work.
UG's Yellow Ranger

go hang out at the guitar shop bro
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Harsh dude.

Yeah I had to seriously knuckle down and study my ass off in 8th grade. I was such a lazy ****, and my mum took my guitar away for like a month. And i was banned from seeing the guys I jammed with for ages too (they were apparently a bad influence).

I got a solution for you - go play the school's bass (if they have one) during lunch. Thats what I used to do.
yea, 6 wks is a bit harsh, so i guess u better start studying. but u could join ur skool jazz band or something, or volunteer to play a small charity gig, and then ur parents would have to give u ur bass back to practice

Edit: or u can give younger kids bass lessons and earn money while also getting ur bass back
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...