by that I of course am referring to how high your strap is set

I got tired of having my right hand arched like a claw due to my bass being pretty high up, strap being pretty short.. so I was playing around with different lengths and noticed if I lower the bass I can tilt it up at more of an ~79-80 degree angle and it seems easier to play? i dont know, any advice, opinions, suggestions?
Well if it seems easier to lower it and tilt....then...well.... lower it and tilt it? Just whatever your comfortable with.

EDIT: Btw i have my strap to where my guitar is a litttle higher, if not on my waist.
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
It depends on the music. If it's jazz or funk I'll rock it way high... like right around mah belleh. If it's rock or metal or anything that's just ****ing heavy, I'll lower her down about my knees or lower to get that badass look and since I usually play metal with a pick, the ability to get a full swing into my picking. I can't pick up high. If it's my original stuff I'll play low no matter what it is. I can get my fingers flying down near my knees then.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
I rock mine low =P. I'm prefer playing with a pick((I play nothing but metal and I'm still working on my finger picking speed)) and to me it seems easier to pick when it's lower. Probably depends on the individual.
Quote by Sly Taco
beer gut height

That's my jazz height I was trying to describe.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
It depends what I'm playing. If I'm playing something complicated I put it a little higher, if it's a little easier than I put it a little bit lower. But most of the time time it's just inbetween..
Pretty high. It rarely moves.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
I practice sitting down, so it seemed to make sense (for me) to adjust the strap so it would be the same hight standing up as when I sit down.
Wear it low, play with your balls
Wear it in the middle, play with your gut
Wear it high, play with your heart

I wear mine high
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
search bar.

i play around mah belt.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Please see profile pics for answer.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Please see profile pics for answer.

What a clever way to get more people to check out your profile.

I should have thought of that
Quote by Funkbass796
Wear it low, play with your balls
Wear it in the middle, play with your gut
Wear it high, play with your heart

I wear mine high

I think we have a philosopher on UG.
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
Quote by Zar938
What a clever way to get more people to check out your profile.

I should have thought of that

PLZ, I have only almost 6000 views - or 60 views per friend.

But anyway, I ride the bass low enough such that my right arm's elbow is at a 90 degree angle. Good enough, Zar?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Keep the pickups at about hip level. That way, when I'm rocking their minds off with my blowyourmindtastic air bass, I just put my thumb on my hip and strum my pocket, and I'm right at home...

...Given, my real bass is more impressive than my air bass. Promise.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.