OK, well, im looking into getting a Jackson RR3, but I've heard the FR is quite ****y. So, as to say I want to replace it. I would like to know if it would be best to go with an OFR or a Schaller Liscensed FR. It has a Jackson FR in it. Also, I dont think it has a string retainer bar on it. Would it be difficult to add that? and lastly, should I change the nut to go along with the new FR and if so, how difficult would that be?

Here's some pics.

Thank's in advance.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
im selling one with a string-thru body
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
See I dont know since it's a liscenced FR already and they tend to be slightly smaller and the OFR is larger if it will actually fit. If it wont then I would go for schaller.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
See I dont know since it's a liscenced FR already and they tend to be slightly smaller and the OFR is larger if it will actually fit. If it wont then I would go for schaller.

Wrong way around. The LFR is larger and in a fairly large route. The OFR will fit but the lock bolts will still out. You'll need to use a Schaller, but it will look a bit small in the route. That said, the LFRs in Jacksons are VERY solid units

EDIT: It doesn't have a retainer bar as the Jackson Headstock doesn't require it. Likewise, don't bother changing the nut; change when it wears out in 15 years. It works just as well as an OFR nut.
how is it the Jackson headstock doesnt need a retainer?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
how is it the Jackson headstock doesnt need a retainer?

Because it's angled. And the LFR on the RR3 should last you a good few years.

edit: Here's CJ Rocker's post from the Jackson thread:

"Eh not quite.

JACKSON TREMOLOS (Modern):
BLACK JT580s : Good, solid LP trems. Pretty good for an LFR, though it won't knock your "sawks" off. Should give you years of whammy fun.
CHROME Jt580s: Avoid like the plague. Poor quality, and tend to have issues down the road

Older Jackson/Charvel Trems:
Jt580 (1996 and earlier): Read above for the BLACK JT580s
JT500: Some weren't bad, most were crappers. If its still around, chances are its fine, and nothing to worry about for a while
JT590: Made by Schaller. Nice trems, on par with the OFR.
JT570: Single locking POS
Takeuchi JT580: Great trems. mine is 15 years old and holding up great
JT6: Love it/Hate it. If you find one in good shape, keep it, but if its not, replace it with an OFR"
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Last edited by Kanthras at Jan 31, 2008,
ok so it should be fine eh?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment