Okay, so I put some new pickups in my RG1570, I ended up going with a pair of breeds and blue velvet in the middle.

Sadly, despite the fact that I think it sounds great, the Blue Velvet is not workable like this. The first problem is that in order to have the outputs reasonably matched the Breeds have to be as far from the strings as possible, while the Velvet has to be very close. This is really compromising the tone of the Breeds. The second problem, which I never realized is that the Velvet is a very microphonic pickup. Which means if I'm playing with any kind of high gain, the toggle switch makes an incredible amount of noise, not to mention you can actually hear the springs in the trem rattling, and tapping the guitar/pickup makes a lot of noise.

So, I'm back at square one. I need to find a pickup that's a good match for the Breed ones, with a closer output level.

Also does anyone know what pickup Vai uses between his two Breeds? Dimarzio doesn't seem to make a single coil Breed pickup.
If you get a stacked humbucker you have to get a new superswitch if you want the same features as a regular HSH configuration. I got Breeds installed with a Fast Track 1 in the middle.
Quote by TJM2482
If you get a stacked humbucker you have to get a new superswitch if you want the same features as a regular HSH configuration. I got Breeds installed with a Fast Track 1 in the middle.

How can one tell what's a stacked humbucker or not? Is is bascially just the hum-cancelling ones that are?

The Fast Track was actually one of the ones I was looking at, along with the Chopper and the Pro Track. How do you like it, and how well does the output volume match?