i was just playing around on my guitar, and when i try and play the fourteenth fret on my little e string, the sound goes up a tone and sounds the same as if you're playing on the 16th fret (sorry for the bad explanation). i'm not sure what caused this. could my neck have warped slightly? the strings seem oddly close to the neck. has this happened to anybody else? and how might i be able to fix it?
probably your string is tapping a fret slightly and making a harmonic.maybe action and neck warping.adjust truss rod and action
your action's too low, and the neck is warped, so when you press down at 14, the string makes solid contact at 16 and sounds g# instead of f#. it's going to be a bitch to fix
moreso let a professional adjust your truss rod and action unless you know what you are doing
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
neck warp bad dude
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
I have the same thing, 13th sounds like 14th, when you say "bad warp" do you mean its something serious, as in something that a regular ol setup at my guitar store wont fix?
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
ahhhhh. i've had this guitar for three years now. it's not that great anyways. i think i'm going to buy myself a new one rather than spending money to fix it. thanks for the advice everyone :]