I had to reinstall windows today, meaning I lost my itunes library. Now I don't want to lose all the music currently on my ipod, but if I plug my ipod into my computer to charge it, will it erase all the music currently on it (since Itunes will be empty) or is there someway I can do it without it removing all the music currently on it?
use idump to put the music from your ipod to the computer and as long as your ipod is manually manged nothing should happen.
where can i get this idump program? And how do I manage it manually and not automatically?
use a program called idump you can get all your songs from your ipod into your pc. also make it so itunes doesn't automatically open when you connect your ipod into your pc that way you can charge it and not loose your stuff.
Ibanez RG120 (EMG 81s)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature G-400
Diezel Herbert w/ Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cab
Boss ME-50
DOD FX40B Equalizer
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR M-133
yea ignore that last one im too slow
Ibanez RG120 (EMG 81s)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature G-400
Diezel Herbert w/ Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cab
Boss ME-50
DOD FX40B Equalizer
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR M-133
Doesn't a warning pop up to say "this iPod is not synced to this computer. Would you like to wipe memory and sync it?"

If so, just click no. iDump seems like the best plan otherwise.

Quote by buckdich_187
yea ignore that last one im too slow

And apparently, you don't know how to edit your posts. You double-posted. Don't do that, it's against the rules.
idump.com
and if it didn't use to sync itself when you plugged it in then it probably is manually managed.
Oh alright. So when I add more music to the ipod and update it, it still won't erase all the songs?
when you plug it in it will have a warning saying that it is not synced. You can then just tell it not to replace the songs on your ipod, and then go into your computer, go into the ipod, show hidden folders, and then copy paste the music into your itunes library, the songs names will be screwed up from taking them directly off your ipod, but they will show up correctly on your itunes.
One more question. Will I not be able to add music to my ipod now that I am not syncing my ipod to itunes?
The reason I ask this is because Idump does not seem to be working for me. As soon as I open it with my ipod connected, it freezes and does not respond...