Im getting a RR3 and I really dont like the sound of the JB. I know that's odd but I really jsut dont. I was thinking of getting a X2N and a PAF Pro both by Dimarzio, but im not sure cause I usually deal with actives. I have Invaders in my C-1, but I dont know. What would be the best way to go?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
you wouldnt be able to get a clean sound out of the x2n so it might be a better idea to go with the set of d-activators since thier passives, but have the qualities of the actives that your used to
Maybe look at something like a Super Distortion and a Full Shred neck. Those are pretty hot pickups, and with your amp(s), they should give u a pretty heavy tone.
Im probly wrong, but I thought the x2n were passive. I really dont know alot abotu DM's but i've heard their great for metal
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I play alot of like, BFMV and A7X too jsut so you know.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Finally someone who agrees with me that JB humbuckers sound like shiit!

I really like the tones from Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck and bridge. Wherever you're getting your RR from, if they have the Mark Morton sig guitar, play that and see what you think. His has the dual 59 set.

Otherwise why not sell the JB, add a bit of extra cash and get something awesome like a Bare Knuckle nailbomb?

Or check out UG member 'CorduroyEW's pickups he makes at www.rockmonkeyguitars.com he has some good humbuckers for sale already and he might be able to even custom wind you a pickup if you know what sound you want. I just got a Tele pickup of him that sounds better than my BKP set.
Uh mine was sort of a prototype/custom order. Not sure if he's planning on selling them or what yet. I'm still testing mine but it's uber-good. Nailed the tone I wanted first go, just from some descriptions and youtubing videos. AND gave me a (proper) coil tap to get a whole lot more tones from it.

Sorry to hijack your thread here TS.
Its all good man, talk as much as you want, im just learning haha.
Pretty much the sound I want is the high gain of the EMG's for like Pinch harmonics and things of that sort, with the capability to shred well and also pull of power chords an thick crunchy palm mutes. I just want it passive. These bare Knuckle pups intrest me.. its different but sounds awesome. I was looking and it seems the Nailbomb is good for bridge but what would be good for the neck? The Warpig seems like it might be good for both.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Jan 30, 2008,
put a bill lawrences in there like dimebag did!
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Well, if you're in the UK, BKP all the way. But if not, BKP's can cost around 400 dollars for a set. Not quite worth that...

Quote by TheDev01dOne
Uh mine was sort of a prototype/custom order. Not sure if he's planning on selling them or what yet. I'm still testing mine but it's uber-good. Nailed the tone I wanted first go, just from some descriptions and youtubing videos. AND gave me a (proper) coil tap to get a whole lot more tones from it.

Sorry to hijack your thread here TS.

I see, good to hear.
ok, well what would be best over all.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Tone is subjective, so i would HIGHLY suggest trying any of these out before buying, or you might be dissapointed.

Some that I like for metal are:
Bill Lawrence L500XL (Not just for dime sheep guys! Great high output pickup with pretty good clarity. Nothing like the Dimebucker)

Dimarzio X2N - Really good metal tones obviosly, and if you roll back your volume and tone knobs on your guitar, you can get good enough cleans for most clean parts in metal.

Duncan JB - VERY versatile pickup. You can go from blues to metal easily. I would suggest a 59 in the neck to go with it.

Those are just my opinion....
Im really liking the L500-XL, but what would be a good neck pickup?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
I dont know much about the pearly gates
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Im really liking the L500-XL, but what would be a good neck pickup?

Eh, A little hot for my taste for a neck pup, but i have heard of people doing it and liking it. I would suggest it as a bridge pickup. Also if you order one, order from Bill and Becky. BLUSA is kinda shady.

Sorry for suggesting the JB in my last post. I got too caught up in listing my favorites