Is it possible to get an X-plorer with a whammy bar on it; can I even have one installed?
yes you can. Now i have a question... Why are they freaking calling them X-plorers?
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
You could always have one installed, would cost some bucks though, for the tremolo and the labor.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
if you buy a kramer imperial (which is an explorer shaped model) some of them come with a floyd rose.
Quote by Kevin Saale
You could always have one installed, would cost some bucks though, for the tremolo and the labor.

Is it possible you could give me an estimate?
dude easy to do if you are a lutho get what i am saying
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
The actual Floyd Rose unit will cost around $200, I believe, and the installation cost depends. Call up all your local guitar shops and see how much they'll do it for.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
You could always just put a bigsby on it. Although it might look a little funny...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by winno
Gibson changed the name to X-plorer a couple years ago or something.

I actually think it came with the addition of the guitar hero X-plorer controller. Cause' before then they were just 'explorers'

And as for the tremolo on the explorer, I can't give you an estimate, but I have seen a popular band use an explorer with a trem (not an ESP), so it is possible, and from what I heard, didn't sound bad at all.