So I have been searching the forums for a bit now and have not stumbled upon the answer I'm looking for...

Here is what I'm trying to do:

I have some DJ gear lying around... More specifically...

A 1000 watt power amp
2x 500 watt 15" speakers

I want to use these for my guitar and the problem that I'm having is what to buy...

I've been looking at getting a Marshall MG100HDFX.

But I'm confused... Guitar heads have amps in them... would it create problems to go from that head into my 1000 watt amp? Isn't the 1000 watt amp accustomed to taking a line level input?

or...

Is this a completely logical way to go about it and I should just buy it and rock out?

I just don't want to ruin any of my existing gear and or the new gear...

Thanks all for your comments...
MGs suck at tone. You'll have a very loud, crappy tone. You want a decent, cheap, easy solution, get a line 6 pod and run it straight through that PA.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
First off, stay away from the MG, it's more of a practice amp, even the 100 watt version. And I think all you need is a decent preamp. I don't really have any suggestions since I've never tried out anything like that but seeing as you have a poweramp a preamp seems a logical solution.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
oh god no. 100watt marshall mg = dehfdafrrah.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
NO. NO. NO. Take it from a previous owner........ Do not buy an MG (i will admit, the 10 isn't that bad......).

But do as dgonz says. I think he's got it right on this one.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
For that price, get a Line6 Pod, the xt is nice, when i dont wanna lug an amp to my drummers house
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Why do you need 1000W of power for guitar? Just buy a normal guitar combo amp and don't run it through the stupid massive PA.. Makes sense to me, unless you like bleeding eardrums.

Amp suggestions.. Roland cube.. Vox Valvetronix.. Valve Junior + OD pedal?
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Why do you need 1000W of power for guitar? Just buy a normal guitar combo amp and don't run it through the stupid massive PA.. Makes sense to me, unless you like bleeding eardrums.

That's just what I happen to have already.... Plus everything has volume knobs...
Oh and I figured that If I spend that on a good head then later I can just get some good cabinets... For gigs... (Hopefully)
Well if you really want to use that stuff then you can get just a good pre-amp, or get a POD like already recomended, to run into the PA but a guitar amp will sound lots better IMO anyway.

It will have more managable volumes, better tone from the guitar specific poweramp colouring the tone more (especially if you get a tube amp) and better tone from the proper guitar speakers. I still think the other amps I recomended would be your best bet, just get a small combo 50w SS or <30w valve and you could mic it into the PA system for gigs etc if you really needed the extra volume.

Just my 2cents I guess.
Peavey Classic 30, good combo and good for gigi! Lite weight too! But if you need metal, you prolly need a OD pedal or metalzone lol
Quote by dgonz
MGs suck at tone. You'll have a very loud, crappy tone. You want a decent, cheap, easy solution, get a line 6 pod and run it straight through that PA.

+2.