Page 1 of 2
For all the catholics in the pit, whatcha giving up for lent this year?

mine's jerking off
ok josh hartnett haha
Fallen Into the Abyss of indignity, Doubt Does Not exist Or Dome Into Being Ignominious and Pale
God.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I'm not going to watch the movie Chocolat.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by deutschenator
For all the catholics in the pit, whatcha giving up for lent this year?

mine's jerking off

Are you even allowed to do that in the first place? Anyways gl with that.
I'm giving up Catholicism for Lent. If it works, then it will be permanent.

/being an ass

(For those of you who didn't pick up on this, I'm not/never was/never will be Catholic)

EDIT:
Quote by bendystraw
this thread.

That response is made of win.
I'm going to give up logical thinking and follow religion mindlessly for a month and see how it turns out...needless to say my life will be in shambles after the month is over.
I don't even shred
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Are you even allowed to do that in the first place? Anyways gl with that.

Yeah im pretty sure catholics that are hardcore to give something up for lent can't jerk off in the first place. And its good to see another explosions fan :P
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by Nebjy
I'm going to give up logical thinking and follow religion mindlessly for a month and see how it turns out...needless to say my life will be in shambles after the month is over.

I'm going to give up being angry at people who don't have the decency/proper understanding to respect faith, and religion, and the good it does for people. I think it's a win-win, because those people aren't worth my energy anyways.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I heard that for lent you aren't supposed to give up something for a certain amount of time, but actually give it up all together. I can't really see how that works though because as the years go by that's a lot of things to give up.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by Nebjy

Well you already go against all logic and mindlessly respond to these religion-based threads, which you obviously hate so much, so I see no difference either way.

How about you give up your false e-balls so you can be a real man?
Welcome to BUCKETHEADLAND

Last edited by Colonel Sanders : Yesterday at 10:54 PM.
Nothing, since I got a detention for saying that back in elementary at the catholic ****hole I went to.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
you know, the point of lent is to try to give something up you want to give up forever, not something you'll jump right back into. ready to rethink your idea, TS?
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
actually, masturbation is not considered a sin in Catholicism.

and for giving something up, the point is to moderate your excess, what you can do without. say you drink 2-3 cans of soda a day. the idea wouldn't be to give it up completely for 40 days then just go back to 2-3 a day afterwards. however, it's also not really giving up soda for the rest of your life. it's more of giving it up temporarily and realizing you don't need it as much as you thought you did, then when lent is over, you can drink soda again, just in moderation.

also, you can still indulge yourself on Sundays during Lent, but i often end up screwing myself over, it's just enough to tease me and remind me how much i love it [soda, of course].

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by LysolIsTasty
Oxygen.

This is gonna be a loooong month

i actually tried to give up water when i was six. when i told my mom, she didn't realize that i was still going to drink milk and juice and such, just not water, for the symbolic affect. of course she made me drink my weight in water for three days.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
actually, masturbation is not considered a sin in Catholicism.

Como se WHAT?!? elaborate please, i thought it was a sin
Haha you have to give up **** to prove your worthiness or something like that? I don't have to prove a damn thing to anyone. Reminds me of school, you really don't learn a ****ing thing you just have to prove you did the work to get by. How enlightening of a concept.
Quote by Inertia//Creep
Haha you have to give up **** to prove your worthiness or something like that? I don't have to prove a damn thing to anyone. Reminds me of school, you really don't learn a ****ing thing you just have to prove you did the work to get by. How enlightening of a concept.

dude you have come off like a condecending jerk in two threads in less than a minute. respect people's opinions.
Quote by LysolIsTasty
Oxygen.

This is gonna be a loooong month

Actually, it's gonna be a very short one.
I'm giving up Lent...for Lent.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by Inertia//Creep

Did you not read the post of the guy like right above yours? Lent is a time for people to better themselves. It's a very noble idea, and brings people's minds back into reality (something you might try one day.)
If you don't learn anything in school, you're doing it wrong, and you fail, even if you're not failing.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
lol good luck TS
lent is kinda stupid
just make a good new years revolution
i started working out, im gunna try and get bigger, make new and better friends, get insane at guitar, learn my theory[keys and modes] and get a girl. im pretty shy but im slowly stopping that
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by synpet713192
I'm giving up Catholicism for Lent. If it works, then it will be permanent.

/being an ass

(For those of you who didn't pick up on this, I'm not/never was/never will be Catholic)

EDIT:
That response is made of win.

You must have win confused with generic lose.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
I'm giving up my body for lent. FUCK OFF, CATHOLICISM! I FOUND A LOOPHOLE!
<Han> I love Hitler
Somebody said that a better idea for Lent would be not to give up something, but to start doing something else. Something simple like greeting somebody or anything like that. Good idea, really, but not traditional at all. I'm not Catholic so I don't really do anything special for Lent...
Part of the Conan O'Brien is a genius group.
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Anyway, long hair and a foreign accent, aren't you a hit with the laydeees?

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Backstreet Boys > Beatles
im giving up the pit... It won't last long. You've got me looked you bastards!
i would say id like to give up emo hating but that shall never happen

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Page 1 of 2