1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
Quote by hot4teacher
amp? music tast?
the dkmg is crap by the way.

Why? They are basically the same guitar, save for the carved top, pickups, headstock, and inlays (all of which are minor)

But yes, what is your amp? In terms of which guitar though, just go with which one you prefer.
Did CJRocker just say that even though the pickups, carved top, headstock, and inlays are different between those two guitars they are still the same?!!! I'm sorry to say but those are not MINOR details, you just described the WHOLE guitar basically!!! HAHAHA good advice...real good!
I couldn't agree less with CJrocker... A carved top has different tone from a flat body. Pickups are the guts of an electric guitar, and need to be picked carefully. Headstocks, believe it or not, play a vital role in intonation quality. Inlays made of certain materials deteriorate at different rates. My opinion, as a proud Jackson RR-5 owner and player, is get the Jackson DKMG Dinky. EMG's can't be beat in a guitar like that. Carved top has better sustain. Sharkfin inlays can give you problems (mine have) so the inlays are even better.
I will call you out from shelter burn your wings and learn their letters
How can the headstock affect the intonation on a locking trem? And the DKMG is definately not crap, as long as you like EMGs.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
I've owned a DK2M for a few months now, and I absolutely love it. The trem is actually of decent quality too. I have no problems with it, and I use it heavily. I actually have a spare OFR right now that I havn't even popped in it yet. The pickups were the only thing I swapped out. I replaced the JB in the bridge for an SH-6 I had in another guitar. I love the tone of the guitar, the woods and the SH-6 really helped to add some brightness to my dual rec's tone. It's a great guitar, both in looks and playability. Go for it!
The Carved top is mainly aesthetic guys... if you've eve seen one, its not near as carved as say a USA. the necks are the same lending the same playability. The wood is the same as well. the hardware is the same. Inlays are the same. Intonation is the same (the headstock angle is a moot point, as the strings contact the nut and bridge at the same spot). Basically, save for a few visual features, its the same guitar. Jokes on you
Dk2m is awsome
it has a good trem, good pups, great construction and one of the best necks i have played.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
I'd say go with the dk2 or dk2m. I've never really liked the dkmg models, and its not because I don't like emgs. I have two guitars with emgs, and they are not dkmgs. If you know of any guitar shops that sell jackson just go try them out
I have played both and own a DKMG, looking back i probably would have gone for the DK2 had i known more about guitars at the time (over a year ago now). So yeah although i love my DKMG i would say DK2.
Quote by CJRocker
The Carved top is mainly aesthetic guys... if you've eve seen one, its not near as carved as say a USA. the necks are the same lending the same playability. The wood is the same as well. the hardware is the same. Inlays are the same. Intonation is the same (the headstock angle is a moot point, as the strings contact the nut and bridge at the same spot). Basically, save for a few visual features, its the same guitar. Jokes on you

You forgot the pickups. That's a pretty big difference
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666
You forgot the pickups. That's a pretty big difference

I meant aside from the pickups, which is effectively the only functional change.
I'm in the same boat here between these two guitars. I play old metallica,ac/dc van halen and have a Vox Ad15vt amp but I'm not sure which pickups would work best for me?thanks
They are both awesome guitars, I find my DK2 a bit more versital in the tone department.