all right so recently ive changed what i do. ive played for over two years and never owned an acoustic, and now recently my friend and i have been playing together a lot and im really wanting an acoustic because i think thats what suits me best right now. i have an epiphone sg, standard strat, and vox ad50vt to sell to a small guitar shop around here and i think i could get $400 bucks maybe more for them. do you guys think that would be worth it to sell that to buy an acoustic or whats your opinion on it. thanks for any help
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
no its a standard mexican strat
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
truthfully, I find that if I play acoustic for a while (atleast a few weeks), when I pick up an electric, I appreciate the differences much more. The reverse is also true. Therefore, I'm glad I've kept every guitar/bass I've ever owned, but it's up to you.
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
you should definitly get more for your gear. I work at a local music shop and you should get at least 300 for the Strat (if its in good shape that is.)
You'll be lucky to get $300 if you sell to a shop. You have to remember that they buy at a price that will ensure a good profit when they resell. If you sell your gear on craigslist you can probably get between $400-500. If I were you, I'd try to finance an acoustic some other way. You'll probably regret selling your electric gear at some point.
I'm biased towards acoustic guitars so I would say to sell that mess and get an acoustic

But in all honesty, I do really enjoy having an electric. Maybe sell your Epiphone SG on eBay and try to save up a tad more money on the side to put towards an acoustic guitar. I have a friend that bought an Epi SG on eBay and I think he paid about $180 for it so that might be about what you could get for it. If you can get $180 out of your SG and can save up another $50-$150 you can get a pretty nice acoustic.