I have been needing a seond bass to tune to drop B and I came across SX basses. I liked this one in particular. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Bass-Guitar-Black-Jazz-Pirate-SX-PJB-SC-Left-Handed_W0QQitemZ320212404382QQihZ011QQcategoryZ155300QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. I was gonna buy it and putsome EMGs in it too.

So the quiestion is: Is it worth the 100 bucks? Is the quality up to par?
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
not saying that it is bad, but I've never heard of the SX brand, I follow the rule, "Don't buy it until you play it first."
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
why tune to drop B, get a 5 stringer.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Where do you live. If you look at the bottom they only ship to the US and canada and shipping is like $45-$75. If you're looking for something cheapo, you'll probably get your $100 worth (not a whole lot), but hey, I'm no expert.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
www.rondomusic.com

Same guy that does the ebay listings. I just ordered a bass, a guitar, and 2 gig bags. The shipping sure as hell wasn't $45-$75 total for each item. It was only $35 or so for everything. And yes, they kick the living **** out of Squiers, Epiphones, etc.

Check out harmonycentral.com, read the reviews. harmonycentral.com tends to have good reviews, less of the over-zealous **** that people write within hours of getting their new item.

Also, to hear a sample of the tone yourself, search SX bass on youtube. There's several vids of people using them.

...in fact, I ordered the same one you're looking at. Can't wait for Feb 5th It isn't in with the other Basses yet, it's in what's new. Here's a direct link.

http://www.rondomusic.com/pjbsc.html
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Link.JohnIrving at Jan 31, 2008,
Cause I'm used to a 4 string too much and I really need a bass for that tuning. A five would be nice but considerably more $$$
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
My first bass guitar (and only as you can see in the sig) is my SX and until now everyone has loved its tone (includes me xD) someone even offered me more than what i bought it for (no kidding i love this bass) and yeah, its really good, solid, clear tune with stock pups, doesnt fall apart or anything.

I reccomend it 1000%!! If your going to do what you just said then go for it!
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
The stuff on Rondomusic are great for upgrading, they're build from decent woods.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
/\ That's exactly what I was gonna do. I was gonna put EMGs in it and a BadAss bridge. Maaybe some better wuality tuners too.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
I plan to do that to mine as well. The BadAss II bridge in black, better tuners, and some really good passive pickups.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

How long does it take for them to ship?
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by bassburton
How long does it take for them to ship?

Ordered all my stuff (a bass, a guitar, 2 gig bags) back on 1/28, it will be here on the 5th. I live on the other side of the country from where they ship.