Opinions on EPIPHONE g400?¸

Does it sound good for the price and blahblah
I was happy enough with my G400 Goth when I got it. I haven't touched it in over six months now, though.
I love mine and it sounds very good...then again almost anything sounds good through my vox ac30 lol
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
They're alright. They give a better quality:price rate than the Epi LPs do (mostly of course due to all SG-types just always being cheaper than any LP-type guitars). They'd make a really good beginner guitar, a pretty good second guitar, and with better pickups, you could probably even do smaller gigs with them okay.

The only thing really worth taking notice of, is that as all Epiphone instruments have a slightly darker tone than their Gibson counterparts (due to the way Epiphone finish their guitars, opposed to how Gibson do it), it means an Epi SG sounds more like a Gibson LP (incidentally, with the Epi LP being clearly darker than anything Gibson produce). For ultra-clean blues and metal, in the increase in low and mid-range that Epis provide is sometimes preferred, though if you play anything between those two, you might find the tone is a bit unbalanced.
In my opinion, it's the best in its price range, particularly the faded. I'm just a sucker for satin finishes!
Get it. Best neck ever. SO easy to get up to the highest frets because it ENDS where it connects to the body. Beat my jackson dinky. which was about twice as much
Don't get a normal G-400. Get the 1966 Edition. I lub mine. It has a Heritage Cherry Finish, and is limited edition :-D Try out a bunch before you land on which guitar though, quality control isn't the best.
I have one as it was my first guitar and i have a couple thoughts of it

- as my first guitar it was excellent as it stays in tune for long periods of time
- Good sounds from the humbuckers, you can get some good distortion on the bridge humbucker.

- good looking which is always important when you want some extra motivations to practice

- this guitar is ROCK SOLID, this thing has fallen SO many time on bare floors and the only thing that has happened so far is that one of the nuts broke. Seriously this thing survived freshman and sophomore years of college in an alcoholics room (not me........yet).

I would HIGHLY recommend getting it. I would also HIGHLY recommend testing it to see how your needs match up with what it has to offer.
I have had my G400 for over two years now and its my favourite guitar. It has easy playability, it's very light but also a tad head heavy and it looks great. The only problems i am having with it is it's intonation, but this can be easily sorted.

sgboy666
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
ive had my epiphone g-400 for a little less than a month.. and in my opinion ITS THE BEST BLOODY THING IVE EVER PLAYED.. i rekn you should consider getting one you wont be disappointed
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
I had it and it played great, action was very nice; but is WAY too neck heavy for my liking. I ended up trading it in a month after purchasing it for a PRS SE Custom.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH

SBN Lil' Eagle
Boss MT-2

Peavey Windsor Studio
All SG's have neckdive, but a nice leather strap can counteract it.

The G-400's are slightly spotty on quality control, so play before you buy. Other than that, they're just a pickup change away from sounding 80% like a Gibson.
My first electric was a G400.

It's a decent enough guitar, but there are better ones in the price range.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have one to and think its great...I have 4 guitars and this one gets played the most..mine is a G400 custom with 3 pickups
Quote by FacingUsAll
but there are better ones in the price range.
Like?

Set neck, Mahogany Body, I bet you cant find much better than that for $300
My friend has a G400 Custom with 3 pickups. Definitely try before you buy because she heard it was great and bought it without trying it and neither of us liked it at all. She ended up selling it to a friend who just loves SGs.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
i got it as my second guitar. it bridged the gap from the squire into a real guitar.

its good for an intermideate player im lookking into getting a more high end one at this point. then again ive played like a year and a half (or i will have when i get a new guitar if i do), have a nice amp and am getting a band togehter

if you like it, go for it.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
pile of sh*t > g400 custom... the pickups are absolutely horrible, intonation is horrible, the gold hardware starts to rust after a week, the one i have now is 3 months old and the hardware is completely worn out. I had bought a les paul and returned it for this one but still poop so my conclusion is...

stay away from epiphone all together, there are much better guitars for the price.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
Quote by Ramik
pile of sh*t > g400 custom... the pickups are absolutely horrible, intonation is horrible, the gold hardware starts to rust after a week, the one i have now is 3 months old and the hardware is completely worn out. I had bought a les paul and returned it for this one but still poop so my conclusion is...

stay away from epiphone all together, there are much better guitars for the price.

Just because your epiphone sucks ass dos'nt mean that the rest of them do.
Quote by strings-N-stuff

Just because your epiphone sucks ass dos'nt mean that the rest of them do.

Well its my opinion and preference , I have had 2 of the highest end epiphones and they sucked, and you can get something much better for the price.(IMO)
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
not a fan, they dont really feel or sound too great
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
ye why not,I noticed that the most used brand here on UG is Epiphone so you couldn't go wrong...i guess
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by K!nj!
ye why not,I noticed that the most used brand here on UG is Epiphone so you couldn't go wrong...i guess

That could contribute negatively, why are they the most used brand? because they are mostly available and that is because the original owners dont like it so they sell to buy a better guitar.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher