Hey, I am looking to paint all the chrome accessories (ie: tremolo, input shield) black on my mexican HH model Strat.

I may just buy a black trem. but still wondering about the best paint for the input shield...

Thanks for any help.
You can't really paint them. You would have to prep and powder coat them, and by then you would be well into the cost of new hardware. Just buy new hardware as its not worth it.
Thats what I figured for the tremolo, but I cant find a black input sheild any where. And a guy who works at my music store painted his tremolo, he actually used the stuff they use to spray onto the handles of plyers and stuff like that. It worked good but it was not what I am looking for.
I sprayed the chrome hardware on one of my guitars. I just used Krylon and it works good. Just prime it first. I used the high gloss black.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by sixstrngsprman
Thats what I figured for the tremolo, but I cant find a black input sheild any where. And a guy who works at my music store painted his tremolo, he actually used the stuff they use to spray onto the handles of plyers and stuff like that. It worked good but it was not what I am looking for.

I've seen plenty, even at the most basic guitar part websites. Have a bit more of a look around
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."