hey all. i have decided to build an all american telecaster and assemble it myself (as apposed to paying double for an assembled one). is there any advice people can give me, i.e., problems they ran into while building one and things that i can avoid, like dumb mistakes. im also thinking of going all white body and pickgaurd, but torn on whether to do silver or gold hardware, any opinions? thanks.
good luck as in its really hard (i dont see how it is), or is that sincere...if it is, i really appreciate it.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
hey all. i have decided to build an all american telecaster and assemble it myself (as apposed to paying double for an assembled one). is there any advice people can give me, i.e., problems they ran into while building one and things that i can avoid, like dumb mistakes. im also thinking of going all white body and pickgaurd, but torn on whether to do silver or gold hardware, any opinions? thanks.

Where are you getting your parts from? Are you going to be getting a pre-made body and neck?
Hi, I'm Peter
Hmm...well, the first problem that comes to mind is neck pocket/heel fit. Having a solid, gap-free joint is essential. Make sure your measurements are exact. As far as color, are you going a pure white or a vintage white? I don't like gold hardware on vintage white. You can try different color combinations using Kisekae.

http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp
Hi, I'm Peter
Might want to consider warmoth.com for parts as well. not necessarily cheaper than ebay, but you get exactly what you want with it.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Yeah, that's really the only reason I didn't order myself one, prices aren't too great.

Ooh, cool site though.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay