Page 1 of 2
My friend does.

This is weird, she and I were just talking about it a couple of hours ago.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-- Douglas Adams
no, but like almost every other kid i'm pretty hyperactive and also have an undiagnosed 'tic', so i think i know what you're saying. and no, you're not a freak. you just become easily frustrated, maybe?
uhh...maybe. i get anxiety attacks if im stressed out too much and those can get pretty bad.
Nope, panic disorders are something you do to yourself.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

I have Anxiety/Panic attacks
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Basically, it isn't triggered by anything except for a chemical imbalance (some peoples are triggered by phobias)...
I always feel like im going crazy and almost pass out...

It made me hallucinate one time, but that was partly caused by the previous two nights of drinking heavily
Well, I get sleep paralysis every so often. It's terrifying the first couple of times it happens, and gradually you learn what's happening subconsciously.

Had two attacks in the last month or so

Anyway, my point was that is one thing I do panic about though
I do. I actually had to leave class today cuz of it. Sucks.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
preludetowar you are and idiot.

My panic disorder is a chemical imbalance, they happen randomly, seemingly for no reason

get your **** straight
Quote by deathbat831
uhh...maybe. i get anxiety attacks if im stressed out too much and those can get pretty bad.

nah man, youre not a freak, onna my best friends have a bunch of disorders and this is onna them, they'll get anxiety attacks suddenly for no reason at all sometimes, and sometimes they can get very severe, theres plenty like you, you arent alone man ^__^
I breathe air.
Quote by Tate5118
Basically, it isn't triggered by anything except for a chemical imbalance (some peoples are triggered by phobias)...
I always feel like im going crazy and almost pass out...

It made me hallucinate one time, but that was partly caused by the previous two nights of drinking heavily

thats exactly what its like for me, i hallucinated once too.

This guy does!
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by preludetowar
Nope, panic disorders are something you do to yourself.

Lol, you've obviously never had one.
Quote by Dead_End
nah man, youre not a freak, onna my best friends have a bunch of disorders and this is onna them, they'll get anxiety attacks suddenly for no reason at all sometimes, and sometimes they can get very severe, theres plenty like you, you arent alone man ^__^

thats EXACTLY how they start
It is estimated that up to 1.7 percent of the adult American population has Panic Disorder at some point in their lives.

Which is about 515,562.4 people. Your fine, don't worry about it.

^bad joke.
Quote by Tate5118
preludetowar you are and idiot.

My panic disorder is a chemical imbalance, they happen randomly, seemingly for no reason

get your **** straight

Chemical imbalances may cause it, but they aren't the cause of it. Trust me.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

deathbat what all did u see when u hallucinated?

I saw everything from apple trees to dead bodies to satan...
Whenever I'd close my eyes, Images would pop in my minds eye (starts singing woflmother song minds eye). I was trapped in my own body... I didn't even know it was a panic attack I thought I had just lost my mind...
Quote by preludetowar

They can be.
Quote by amyisforcynics
They can be.

Chemical Imbalances may cause anxiety, but its not cause of them. Panic attacks are caused by yourself, fed by your own thoughts and your own anxious habits to the point of panic.
Quote by Meths

Quote by preludetowar

So chemical balances are the cause of it but they aren't the cause of it?
Oh by the way prelude to war, I have woken up from sleep in the middle of the night having a panic attack. What was that caused by other than a chemical imbalance??? And no I wasnt having a nightmare bc I remember what I was dreaming about.

You're an ignorant moron.
Quote by Tate5118
ok jackass, what else causes it then?

dude calm down. he said something you don't agree with, you don't need to go like that at him. i see where he's coming from.
I have severe anxiety attacks when it comes to public speaking, but that's more of a phobia. I pass out and cry hysterically. 'Tis quite embarassing.

No, you're not alone. My mom has an anxiety disorder just like you as do some of my friends. And to whoever said that you are the cause of it is wrong. It can be a chemical thing as you've all said, but it can also occur because of a trigger... like a traumatic event and something brings back the memory.
yup i have it too. basically a couple things ive learned to help cope with it are

breathe in through nose and out mouth or vice versa

i have a tooth pick in my mouth during anything that may or may not be stressful (ex. driving and tests in school)

everyone has their own way but thats what i feel works best for me.
my bad ab gettin so pissed... its just dumb when ive had a dr and two psychiatrists tell me that my case is purely chemical.

Yes most people's panic is caused by their thoughts, but not everyone's.
dude! i always have a toothpick in my mouth too... it calms me down

prelude, im still waiting for an answer
Quote by Fromotion8389
I have severe anxiety attacks when it comes to public speaking, but that's more of a phobia. I pass out and cry hysterically. 'Tis quite embarassing.

No, you're not alone. My mom has an anxiety disorder just like you as do some of my friends. And to whoever said that you are the cause of it is wrong. It can be a chemical thing as you've all said, but it can also occur because of a trigger... like a traumatic event and something brings back the memory.

It can also be a combination of both, which really sucks haha.
Quote by Paquijón

Sorry, I meant to say chemical imbalances can cause anxiety, but panic attacks arent. Like I said panic attacks are caused by yourself, fed by your own thoughts.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Tate5118
Oh by the way prelude to war, I have woken up from sleep in the middle of the night having a panic attack. What was that caused by other than a chemical imbalance??? And no I wasnt having a nightmare bc I remember what I was dreaming about.

You're an ignorant moron.

Hmm, thats interesting. Still I stand by my own opinion.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Paquijón

I'm really glad that somebody else caught that too.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-- Douglas Adams
I'm a psych major, which may not seem like much, but I know my stuff.

Panic disorder, like many psychological disorders, is caused by a biological predisposition to anxiety disorders, and initially triggered by some stressful life event, including physical illness. See this

Panic disorder specifically is defined as being uncued panic attacks, panicking for no reason. This is essential for someone to be diagnosed with panic disorder, as people with other disorders have cued panic attacks (such as true specific phobias). It is possible for people with panic disorder to have have predisposed panic attacks after an uncued attack (i.e. if you have an uncued panic attack while driving on the freeway you are more likely to have another while on the freeway.)

For more information please see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_disorder#Causes

Thank you and have a nice evening.
Quote by amyisforcynics
Lol, you've obviously never had one.

That is where you are wrong. Ive had them before, they suck I know. But this is the truth, once I figured out that it was myself causing them, fed by my own thoughts and irrational fears, I stopped having them. I don't know, perhaps its just me, but I have never had one since.
Quote by Meths

Page 1 of 2