This isn't a thread of debating if graffiti is a crime.

Any graffiti fans out there? I'd like to think I dabble in the art, however whenever my buddies go out to tag something I'll be there.
graffiti is art, so therefore i don't see why it should be illegal.

if graffiti is illegal, then naked male statues should be illegal
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
i enjoy well done graffiti, or phrases that make some sort of statement rather than just things like "nirvana rules" or "ac/dc is gay." and i can see how some people see it as vandalism if they don't want their property tagged.

that put aside, i do enjoy graffiti, i've dabbled in it a bit, writing dumb phrases and labelling things as i see appropriate.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by Phillitalian

Well, it's vandalism. It's defacing someone else's property. So while I enjoy it, it's still illegal.
Quote by aschaetter
God, I hope you're kidding....

why? you think this requires no talent?
I agree totally, graffiti is beautiful, my favorite form of art, its all i do in school, is sit and tag my **** all day.
I LOOVEE graffiti. I even did a huge graffiti design (on a giant posterboard) for my final project in art class.
like it, I love the huge street murals though. there's a great one in tribute to James Brown in the Brighton lanes.
I like the art stuff, there's a whole section of bristol which is all graffittied, it looks amazing. So much time and effort has gone into it, so the council made it the cultural quarter.

What I think looks naff is when some drugged up 14 year old comes along and spells out their name in funky letters with a magic marker. Get some originality and talent or **** off.
Quote by Phillitalian

Are you serious?

If I've just built myself a house, I really don't want a gang of kids covering it in spray paint.

It's like saying "I don't understand why I can't just walk up to someone's car and paint my tag onto the side panels". It's just dumb.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Lots of it in the UK is just tagging, ie - complete bollocks.

When done properly it's great imho.
thers a lil ally in toront (canada)thats l;egal to graffiti and there are beutiful graffitiis there then stupid punks go and spray there name over it
theres a big diffrence to art and names...
art would be cool on the outsie of my house but puutin random names and words and junk on it is a no-no
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I think it is cool.

That is propper grafitti, spray cans, real tags and stuff. Not just a permanent marker on the back of a toilet door.

My mate does it abit, his stuff is pretty good like.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
There's a nice graffiti portrait of Bob Marley downtown where I live, other than that most of the graffiti are gang tags. If you ask the people that own the property and they say it's ok, I think it should be legal. If your painting something cool, not like a big swear.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Quote by All_Hands_Dead

Goddamn you. I spent hours on that website quite a while back and now I'm going to get addicted again
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
I like tasteful graffiti. Just words that have little meaning annoy me, but most graffiti artists are very talented.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I like Banksy's stuff.

I hate the gang graffiti though.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by kaptink
like it, I love the huge street murals though. there's a great one in tribute to James Brown in the Brighton lanes.

+1

That massive one in the lanes is amazing, the one that stretches over 3 or 4 buildings.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I dislike Banksy.

I like dubs, most stencils, tagging (oh no), but my favourite has to be culture jamming/billboard subversion etcetera.
Quote by DanRev
I dislike Banksy.

I like dubs, most stencils, tagging (oh no), but my favourite has to be culture jamming/billboard subversion etcetera.

Banksy lacks subtlety, in my opinion.

I enjoy writing clever things on walls.
Quote by tylerishot
Banksy lacks subtlety, in my opinion.

I enjoy writing clever things on walls.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I really dislike trendy things and people. Banksy is loved by trendy student wankers who think he's so subversive. Some of his stuff is good artwise, but can be really pretentious message wise.

i got bored waiting for something to download so i did this in 10 mins i made the stencil myself but its not my image but i do my own. its on my pc desk