A guy posted a thread a while back asking for tips in his upcoming grappling match, but I noticed there wasn't a thread dedicated to BJJ.

For those of you who don't know what Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is, here is a good demonstration video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYghK66BAvs (Ignore the music, lol.)

So post in here if you're interested in or have practiced BJJ before. Stories, links to good grappling sites/videos, favorite grapplers, etc.

I myself participate in no-gi BJJ, it's definitely one of the funnest and most effective martial arts to do.
...and I feel nothing, am I better yet?
Last edited by contempt at Jan 31, 2008,
combine BJJ and Muay Thai and you should be able to kick 70% of the human population's asses.
Good luck whenever you fight.

I've found in most amateur fights (at least here in Michigan), a lot of the fighters don't focus enough on their grappling. Even in the UFC, jiu jitsu isnt exactly being used to it's full potential. It's come a long way in that EVERYONE with a brain at least learns some basic jiu jitsu before they step in the ring or cage. But, if people focused more on their grappling and added in the rubber guard to their skills, you'd see a huge difference.
...and I feel nothing, am I better yet?
Quote by The_Last_J
combine BJJ and Muay Thai and you should be able to kick 70% of the human population's asses.

some what true . yep muay thai and Bjj are some really effective fighting styles. I am pretty self taught and learned a few things from some people. man it makes a big difference learning this stuff. Think about all the people that could prevent getting there heads beaten in badly with the Guard tech.

I fought My friend just for fun once and he had no idea how he lost. lol he was like wtf did you do.
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny