Im looking to buy an amp head (just the head for now). I play mostly hard rock like RATM, Audioslave, Muse but i like some clean songs too and even some punk like sum 41, the occasional metal too, Bullet for my valentine, Pantera, iron maiden, and even some progressive like Joe Satriani, John Petrucci and Steve Vai. As you can see i have a pretty wide variety of music but i want to mainly concentrate on the hard rock, i would like decent tones for the other stuff tho. So if you guys could suggest an amp head that would best suit me it would really be appreciated. Im not really worried about the cab for now but feel free to suggest that also. Thanks guys

Shawn
1000-1500$ not sure if that would be enough for the cab also, depends what i get right?
anyone?
Billy Corgan Stratocaster

ADA MP-1 Pre-amp
Marshall JMP-1 Pre-amp
Mesa Strategy 500 power amp
Mesa oversized cab(v30s)

Digitech Whammy (WH-4)
Original CryBaby Wah
Custom WH Red Llama
Custom EHX Big Muff pi
TCe Polytune
The amp and head are a team, your choice of cab ultimately has a big influence on your final tone. If your absolute maximum budget is $1500 then you're extremely limited in your choice of heads, and you can forget about buying both.

You're probably better off looking at combos to be honest, after all a head on it's own isn't much use.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Mesa Boogie Express 550...525 if you don't need that much power.

Has 2 channels with 4 different tones w/pretty good gain. Comes with FSwitch too.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
well then if i brought my budget up to 2000$, also i was looking at a 50 watt head.
And i will look into the mesa boogie.
Billy Corgan Stratocaster

ADA MP-1 Pre-amp
Marshall JMP-1 Pre-amp
Mesa Strategy 500 power amp
Mesa oversized cab(v30s)

Digitech Whammy (WH-4)
Original CryBaby Wah
Custom WH Red Llama
Custom EHX Big Muff pi
TCe Polytune