Does anyone know of any good bands with an autotune effect on the vocals?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, a good example is this:

Breathe Carolina
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend.

I love punk, I love ska, I love acoustic, and I love you.
loads of bands who use singing use autotune when recording. You can make it out on BFMV's new album if you listen close enough. It's obviously so that the vocalos stay operfectly in key and the little imperfections are brushed out on a computer.
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by fwibble
loads of bands who use singing use autotune when recording. You can make it out on BFMV's new album if you listen close enough. It's obviously so that the vocalos stay operfectly in key and the little imperfections are brushed out on a computer.

Yeah, I know that they do, but I'm looking for a profound (obvious) sounding one, as in the band I listed.

And thanks Waldorf.

Quote by WhiteUnggoy
Yeah, I know that they do, but I'm looking for a profound (obvious) sounding one, as in the band I listed.

And thanks Waldorf.

Yeah I figured you meant bands that overly use it like that one you listed. I think it's pretty cool.
I saw At All Cost live and they used it quite a bit and it sounded pretty awesome live. The song Death To Distraction has it alot especially after halfway through.
ive never heard of such musical blasphemy... they "tune" their vocals... why doesnt the band just get a good singer.. this ranks up there with lip-syncing in my book, i give those bands no respect.
How does one pick it out?
Like, what do you listen for?

I've got the new BMFV album, so I've got something to try it out.

Do tell, what are the tell-tale signs?
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by chROniCmiKe
ive never heard of such musical blasphemy... they "tune" their vocals... why doesnt the band just get a good singer.. this ranks up there with lip-syncing in my book, i give those bands no respect.

These bands overuse it but it's to make a certain sound.
However almost all mainstream bands and singers use autotune on their vocals. It sucks but it's true. One of my friends dad was a professional drummer and he went on tour with Brookes and Dun and he said one of them can't sing for anything but they just fix it in the studio.
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
How does one pick it out?
Like, what do you listen for?

I've got the new BMFV album, so I've got something to try it out.

Do tell, what are the tell-tale signs?

It will be really obvious at the start or ends of words, because while a human voice normally takes a split second to arrive right at the pitch it needs to be at, it will be there instantly. If you want an example of unintentionally obvious autotune, here's a local band from where I'm from that released some song demos online, and they used autotune on the vocals, but not in a good way.

You can really hear it during the part where they move up and down on the one vocal part on Act I: To Begin Again...

The Evermore Escape

chROniCmiKe,

Yeah, a lot of bands use a touch of autotune as a way of getting out of singing well, but I've worked with trying to use autotune in an over-the-top way before, and you actually have to be much more accurate with the pitch, because it will sound really bad and be very unforgiving if you aren't dead on.

Last edited by WhiteUnggoy at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by WhiteUnggoy
It will be really obvious at the start or ends of words, because while a human voice normally takes a split second to arrive right at the pitch it needs to be at, it will be there instantly. If you want an example of unintentionally obvious autotune, here's a local band from where I'm from that released some song demos online, and they used autotune on the vocals, but not in a good way.

You can really hear it during the part where they move up and down on the one vocal part on Act I: To Begin Again...

The Evermore Escape

chROniCmiKe,

Yeah, a lot of bands use a touch of autotune as a way of getting out of singing well, but I've worked with trying to use autotune in an over-the-top way before, and you actually have to be much more accurate with the pitch, because it will sound really bad and be very unforgiving if you aren't dead on.

Then what's it's purpose? =|

Also, can anyone point out a BMFV or a popular song that has an audible example?
As well as, more defining features.
Cheers.
Gore AND Core; unite!
I know avenged sevenfold used it for a song on their newest cd... cant think of the title though
edit: I think its the song called Lost (during the chorus), youtube it or something, its pretty obvious once you hear it. I cant listen to it right now so im not posotive (Im at work )
Current Gear

ESP Ltd EC 1000
Schecter C1 FR

Jackson Dinky
Crap Acoustic
Crate Excalibur GX2200H
4x12cab
Last edited by Lettherebeshred at Jan 31, 2008,
doesn't cher use that alot? how do you get it? is it a program or something
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Then what's it's purpose? =|

Also, can anyone point out a BMFV or a popular song that has an audible example?
As well as, more defining features.
Cheers.

If you listen to the first thing I posted (Breathe Carolina), you'll see, because it gives it a very distinct (and in my opinion, cool) sound.

Ghost_bass, there's a couple ways of doing it. There's a program out there called Autotune (search google for it, it'll come up) that can either do believable or the over-the-top type pitch correction that I've explained. If you have a Mac, it's also built into GarageBand.