Sooo i'm seeing Iron Maiden in 4 sleeps time!

How ever its my first major concert and i have some questions.

Is it wrong to wear a Metallica t-shirt to an Iron Maiden concert?

Theres a barrier (railing type thing) between my section of the crowd, and the section in front of the stage. Whats a good way to distract the guards so i can leg it over with out being noticed?

How early should i arrive, will the lines be massive?

Also is there anything else i need to know that i might make it more enjoyable?

Thanks in advance.
The Dome is a pretty terrible place to get in and out of nevermind parking so whenever i go to a concert there i usually turn up early and get a bite to eat. The lines were massive at GnR as they were patting everyone down but ive been to others and its been fine.

In Perth you can pretty much wear anything and not get a comment (only time i have is wearing my Led Zep jacket in Yngwie and there were off their face) so you should be okay.

To make it more enjoyable stay away from the Burswood staff there... they have issues.

Well have fun anyway, i wish i was going but im on strike with the Dome if that makes sense
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Last edited by Master Shake at Jan 31, 2008,
well...i`ve been to a maiden concert it was awesome
but i dont think there`s anything wrong with wearing a metallica shirt...its metal after all ;] and yeah there is a railing but...u dont need to get over it u wont get much closer to the band
6 sleeps for me :P

Nothin wrong with a metallica shirt, although you'll find most kids wearing maiden shirts more so then other shows..at maiden gigs.
Your clothes shouldn't matter your there for they music dude! Just enjoy yourself, make as much noise as you can! jump around sinngalong etc. Have a good time!
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
12 for me too! Can't wait!

Question for those who have been to these sorts of concerts - is there any way of smuggling a camera into the show? Am I likely to be patted down?

Cheers
Quote by lofty89
12 for me too! Can't wait!

Question for those who have been to these sorts of concerts - is there any way of smuggling a camera into the show? Am I likely to be patted down?

Cheers

If its 12 for you, you'll be seeing them in brisbane too. And yes, you will be patted down at the entrance. Although if you are desperate, just hide the camera inconspicuously in your pants.
Yeah, my bro and I are coming down to Brisbane.
Not desperate, but would love to get some pictures. It is Maiden after all!
A disposable camera is probably the way to go, so if they do find it it's no big deal.

Scream for me Brisbane!
Unless you're nocturnal, it'd probably be easier to just say nights.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Unless you're nocturnal, it'd probably be easier to just say nights.

Exactly. Sleeps? What kind of retard uses "sleeps" to denote time?

Anyway, If you have a maiden shirt wear it. Try and get in the pit, nicko throws his drumsticks out there.
yeah cant wait for them to hit brisbane!
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
^are you in the front pit or the back?
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
yeh im in the back too. definately be lookin for lazy security guards tho, the front would be so sweet.
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
Quote by davo_333
yeh im in the back too. definately be lookin for lazy security guards tho, the front would be so sweet.

Fuck yes.

Anyway what do you think about BCE opening for Maiden? I'm pretty pissed about it, but my friend knows them personally, and worships them almost, so now he's trying to get tickets haha.

Hey, by the way, are you seeing VR? Coz I'm trying to get to get tickets, and my friend thinks he can get us to see Slash haha.
Last edited by soulflyV at Jan 31, 2008,