Well, today I'm ordering my first bass, the Ibanez GSR200 left handed version, I have been a fan of Ibanez for a while now as I own one of their guitars, but to be honest I don't know how they fare with basses.

I had seen this bass online and it looked pretty good for a starter (which I am on bass) and my thoughts were confirmed here in the ultimate bass thread where it appeared as one of the top ten starters.

My questions is, does anyone have any experience with this model? I'd like a mix of opinions if you could be so kind.

Also, one other thing, I have to get an amp with it as well but I have a separate topic in what I hope to be the correct section:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774908

I hope to order all this tonight so God's speed people .
UG's Yellow Ranger

That was my first bass. It's pretty decent, the bass boost thing beefs up the tone somewhat and it has 22 frets for fiddling up the high end. They're pretty robust too, mine fell some 2 or 3 floors to concrete and only sustained a crack in the finish.

Go for it.
Quote by Centurion
That was my first bass. It's pretty decent, the bass boost thing beefs up the tone somewhat and it has 22 frets for fiddling up the high end. They're pretty robust too, mine fell some 2 or 3 floors to concrete and only sustained a crack in the finish.

Go for it.

Thanks, the fact it's durable sounds great, I was pretty happy at its price as well.
UG's Yellow Ranger