Hey dudes and dudeddets..

Can someone tell me how to sett an amp to make the "wakka" sound you typically hear in reagge music. I get the point with the muting and so on, but i dont get any kind of consistansy.I just get it similar once in a while. My amp has got an insane amount off settings and I usually get lost in it, but I never find a good setting for the "wakka" thing.
Or is it just me who dont have a clue and just sould practise moore( I suspect the last one )
Or am I on the wrong path here? Is it somthing you do with you right hand? Pick or No pick?

I mean!!!! Come ON!!! how hard can it be?
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
yeah its just a left hand string mute and a strum through with the right if its the same wakka i'm thinking of. although maybe there's more than one wakka! lol just use a nice clean tone
crank up the treble and put the bass way down and do what audiorapist said...
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by Hakanku
A Wah pedal can help immensly when it comes to that sound.

I was afraid of that.... give me money or a wah peddal!!!
Thanks for the tips folks! Keep em comin!
Gibson SG faded
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I found out that the tip with the treble setting is working. And consentrating on the bottom strings. Buckers doesnt make it harder... and a good and rugged pick makes it somewhat easyer. I used a coin actually. And I felt that you have to put some watts into the thing ore else it sound really weak. But it is usually not a loud overpowering sound that you hear in music do they damp it somehow? the knobs on the guitar?
The button on my amp that is supposably for adjusting the ammount of power (and nothing else )has to be at a level that doesnt make it very playing-when-people-are-at-home-friendly... Is there some one on youtube or somthing that shows how this is done in a fairly uncomplicated way?
I refuse to accsept that this is harder than the intro on "Jhonny B Goode"
Is it best to mute with the fretting hand or the strumming hand?
Gibson SG faded
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
WHAT!.... It seems that I gotta get me them there Final Fantasy games.... EVERYBODY keeps franting about them
Gibson SG faded
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Delay + Reverb + Wah

All you need for reggae.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned