Okay for my standad grade in music i have picked 2 instruments, for my guitar however i picked chord guitar which requires playing 12 different chords i know one song that as 8, Everybody hurts by R.E.M (not my choice) that means i have to play another song with 4 completey dffrent chords and i don't know what to play, any suggestions

he cords from Everybod hurts are / D,G,A Em,Am,F#m,Bm,C

Bearing in mind i have till march to do this i have still have not recorded everybody hurts yet. So this has to be an easy song any type of genre and band

(keep in mind i'm a bass player so not o good on guitar)

EDIT: Thanks for the help however all i need is to learn a song with 4 diffrent chords from R.EM and i need to learn that song in less than 3 days
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Mar 17, 2008,
God, its been a while since I've heard people talk about Standard Grades. Our school switched to Int 1 and 2s the year we were gonna do SGs.

Glen'sHeroicAct - it's a High School Music class, and you have to play two different instruments for your performance. We were lucky cos we got to do sound engineering as an alternate to a second instrument...

I'll have a think about songs, Greg.
? what you mean, all i want is advice from people that are more knowledgable than me at music and know alot of songs and maybe on the odd chance that they know an easy one wit 4 diffrent chords than the chords in everybody hurts.
Quote by _deeperthewound
God, its been a while since I've heard people talk about Standard Grades. Our school switched to Int 1 and 2s the year we were gonna do SGs.

Glen'sHeroicAct - it's a High School Music class, and you have to play two different instruments for your performance. We were lucky cos we got to do sound engineering as an alternate to a second instrument...

I'll have a think about songs, Greg.

ty thanks alot m8
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']WTF? That's a really dumb-sounding task, why does there have to be 12 different chords? Weird.
That basically rules out most well known evergreen/pop/rock classics?

It is it's a bitch
man, i wish my school did this. they taxed our town for a million dollars for a football field, but they can't have any music classes? outrageous.
can't you write your own song? write something that HAS all 12 chords. i'm not familiar with this class, so if your not allowed to write one, nevermind. does sound like a cool class though
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
It depends on your skill level Greg, but I'd really recommend looking into some Beatles songs - a lot of their stuff is simplistic, it just depends on the chords so you get at least 4 different ones from the REM song...
Can you cheat by using the standard chords and then adding power chords?
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
huh... what do you get out of this?

edumication
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
I second just by radiohead. It was written as a competition to see who could fit the most different chords in one song. I'm sure it has at least 12.
Thanks for the help however all i need is to learn a song with 4 diffrent chords from R.EM and i need to learn that song in less than 2 days
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Mar 18, 2008,
i don't need to record this one however i just need to play it in front of my music teacher
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Mar 17, 2008,