I find that choruses are my weak point. I play pop influenced hard rock/metal. Lots of melodies but still a little heavy and stuff
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
but the chorus is what brings the whole song together and unifies it
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Do you know anything about chord theory? Not trying to patronise you or anything. Just wondering. It's a useful tool.
yeah i know lots its just the ideas nehind my choruses usually are much weaker then the rest of the song.
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Quote by I AM CAT
but the chorus is what brings the whole song together and unifies it

I disagree. I'll usually have a rough theme that I'll restate in various ways throughout the song, but a defined chorus just seems limited to me. The best example I can think of is Dream Theater's Stream of Consciousness. The grand theme is restated throughout the song in various different ways, and it does a great job of unifying the piece without slicing it into different segments.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yea dt is amazing and one f my favs but not the style im going for
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Well, its good to lay out a few ideas as to where the song is going. Its also important to be conscious of the overall feel of the song as you're writing it. Keep thinking about the kind of mood you want to express through it. Take a look at the dynamics of what you've already come up with. I mean, is the intro aggressive and loud, and the verse mellow? If so, maybe you want to consider a brief period of silence as the bridge, before bursting into a progression thats loud and aggressive like your intro. Standard formula I know, but it works, and its used alot in pop/hard-rock.
Hope that doesn't sound too ridiculous. Something to think about, at least.
thanks thsts more the advice im going for
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
As Discouraged was getting at, it's all about dynamics. Make it big in comparison to the verse. This may mean toning the verse down a bit because if your already at 10, you have nowhere to go. Unless your amps go to 11. And they dont.

Of course I'm not just talking about volume, put your catchiest riffs/melodies in the chorus, and possibly only hint at them in the verse.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums