I live in Brisbane and I'm thinking of traveling to London for about 2 or 3 weeks in June. I'm just wandering approximately how much this will cost me, including airfares, board, and other expenses like day to day food and transport? I'll probably be staying in hostels or some cheap accommodation by the way.
Well, I doubt it will be cheap. Flight will cost anywhere from £300-£1000 probably, depending who you fly with. Hotels, hostels etc, you can save a good chunk of cash here. Find some places for £10-15 a night if your lucky. Food and drink, depends where you go. Find a supermarket and you can spend as little as £20-30 over 2 weeks buying budget brand goods.
You'll be lucky to find hostels for cheaper than £19 a night in central London unless you're sharing with potentially lots of people.

It's an expensive place.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
are you non-ugly? Shack up with some fat bird for the duration I did this in Barcelona for 3 months. Had to poke her hairy bucket tho, which was a bit skankin.
Quote by dunebuge6969
I live in Brisbane and I'm thinking of traveling to London for about 2 or 3 weeks in June. I'm just wandering approximately how much this will cost me, including airfares, board, and other expenses like day to day food and transport? I'll probably be staying in hostels or some cheap accommodation by the way.

Have one week in london, then visit some other places in the remaining two weeks. There is absolutely no reason not to, as travelling distances are not at all difficult.
All the info here is good so far.
Don't go for more than a week; there's no point as after 7 days you'll have seen everything. Go somewhere else in the remaining 2 weeks. If you like history and all that stuff, Bath has some good stuff, so does York. The tourists love it here.
And as Rankles said, you aren't going to get somewhere for 20 a night in London, it's unimaginably expensive to get accomodation there.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Sights in London are.... the london eye, the tower bridge, camden lock market, oxford street and kensington for shopping, and st james's park and buckingham palace. Oh and the museums if that stuff floats your boat. Bear in mind it's £8 per day for a travel card, and you can see all that in a few days. you're better off spending a week in London then going round other parts of England.
Thanks for the advice.
If I spend a week in London then ill probably fly off to Germany then down to France and Spain or something. Are there trains connecting those countries because flying would just cost too much.
Well look into it yourself before taking my word, but I think flying with ryanair or easyjet will be cheaper than getting the train. European rail cards are more expensive when you get them connecting to the UK, because we suck. You could try the eurotunnel to france then get a rail card there, or just hitchhike...
Quote by dunebuge6969
Thanks for the advice.
If I spend a week in London then ill probably fly off to Germany then down to France and Spain or something. Are there trains connecting those countries because flying would just cost too much.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/?fares=more
Quote by Raaaaar
are you non-ugly? Shack up with some fat bird for the duration I did this in Barcelona for 3 months. Had to poke her hairy bucket tho, which was a bit skankin.

What. The. Hell?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You're living in Australia
..You want to .. visit .. LONDON?

Are you MAD?

I'ts cold, wet, and bollocks. 24/7

Don't forget it's under the threat of flooding and/or Zombies.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You're living in Australia
..You want to .. visit .. LONDON?

Are you MAD?

I'ts cold, wet, and bollocks. 24/7

have you been to london? or have you not been paying much attention to the insane amount of things to do?

whether it be illegal rave, club or pub london has **** loads to offer

only problem is it is SOOO expensive