I have a question... i am trying to play chord 022xxx in sixteenth notes at tempo 78 (its in the tab that way) and after... i have to go to chord 355xxx... so my question is.... is it better to play only downstrokes (as i play).. its very difficult that way... for me.... or is it better to play downstroke then upstroke till the change of the chord?
What we play is life...
Just practice doing downstrokes then upstrokes, technically you can strum twice as fast.
Powerchords usually sound best with downstrokes. But,

022xxx is an Em and 355xxx is technically a Gm i guess, but you can just play 320003 which is a regular open G chord. And you can strum those up and down and they sound great.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
it depends on the song.
try playing sum bad religion stuff, a lot of that is pure downstroking
(The verse for "Let them eat war" is killer on your hand lol) - palm muted downstroked 16th notes :S:S
Strictly speaking, 022xxx and 355xxx are neither minor nor major. They're power 5ths; no 3 or b3 note is present.
404: Sig not found.
pure downstrokes are fine in some situations, but up/down strumming sounds more fluent.
ty guys i am trying to get speed... i can do this in downstrokes... but after a while i get tired.... and i miss couple of times.... ...
What we play is life...
Quote by ChrisN
Strictly speaking, 022xxx and 355xxx are neither minor nor major. They're 5ths; no 3 or b3 note is present.

This guy is right.

And use whatever you like the sound of more.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
i have another q... so what is the best palm position to play fast... this power chords... i mean only downstrokes.... or is it just pure training...?
What we play is life...