I just got my guitar working through a direct connection to my computer and I can hear it loud and clear through my speakers. But when I open up Kristal and add an effect, it gets clipped, or the sound gets delayed really bad. Oh by the way I plugged the guitar into the blue hole in my Realtek AC97 soundcard. What to do?
I'm not too sure there could be much you can do - that seems like a computer power thing. Perhaps use a computer with more RAM or a faster processor... yo.
Before adding effects to your audio track, make sure it is "Normalized". It will most likely not clip after this action.
Quote by skralan
Before adding effects to your audio track, make sure it is "Normalized". It will most likely not clip after this action.

How do I "Normalize"?

^The delay is approx. 1/4 of a second between when I pick the note and the sound with added effect. When I pick the note though, I can actually hear the clean sound, and then the one with added effects.
Well, I can't see how normalizing can help you here, as all that does is raise the loudest note in your track to the highest level possible (0dB).

With the problem you describe, ensure that you don't have a pre-delay set on your effect. The effect might be set to apply a few ms after when you pick the note. Just a thought, but it's probably not the problem.
There is poetry in despair.