I have a Studio 4 and love it. Schecters are great IMO.

If you've played it and like it, don't hesitate. Some will tell you to get an Elite, but this doesn't have the lacquered finish on the back of the neck.
I also want the 5 string, when ever i go to Guitar Center to play it, Its really hard to put it down.
I don't really like the tone of them...they're a bit too twangy for my taste....but I'm a fender jazz guy myself soooo it's hard to compare. :/
But the studio 5 is definately sexy as hell
Do you want my opinion, or do you want a sugarcoated comment on how great this bass is? If you want my true opinion I'll tell you that Schecter makes pretty solid basses, and this is one of the few they make without that me-awful lacquer finish, so that gets my thumbs up. If you want the sugarcoat don't read the rest of my post. The fact is, humbuckers=/= good. I hate them beyond the very fires of hell licking at my BALLS. They sound froggy and one dimensional. I have never gotten a tone out of humbuckers that I prefer over the same setting on a jazz bass. NEVER. Do you get the idea I HATE HUMBUCKERS?! Well, I do. The problem is almost doubled because Schecters have boiling hot pickups. BOILING. This basically just results in a more aggressive frog. Like a bullfrog. Yep, you're buying a bass equipped with bullfrogs.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Do you want my opinion, or do you want a sugarcoated comment on how great this bass is? If you want my true opinion I'll tell you that Schecter makes pretty solid basses, and this is one of the few they make without that me-awful lacquer finish, so that gets my thumbs up. If you want the sugarcoat don't read the rest of my post. The fact is, humbuckers=/= good. I hate them beyond the very fires of hell licking at my BALLS. They sound froggy and one dimensional. I have never gotten a tone out of humbuckers that I prefer over the same setting on a jazz bass. NEVER. Do you get the idea I HATE HUMBUCKERS?! Well, I do. The problem is almost doubled because Schecters have boiling hot pickups. BOILING. This basically just results in a more aggressive frog. Like a bullfrog. Yep, you're buying a bass equipped with bullfrogs.

But though humbuckers=/=good, humbuckers=/= bad. I will say there are some notably poor instruments with humbuckers (*cough Gibson cough*), tons of great basses have humbuckers. Stingrays? Actually, I dont think you like those either Many warwicks have humbuckers and they sound great. And yes the EMG's are really hot, but are they really any worse sounding than the ones on a MIM Fender? They're way above that IMO. So TS, just try basses, and if you find you like a 5 string Jazz more, than go ahead. If you like the Schecter more, get it. Its a quality instrument, just not to everyone's taste.
dont listen to this guy. just pick it up at a guitar center a studio 4 if you cant find a 5 and see what you think. its the same just with an extra string. i love schecters. i got me a schecter bass. its amazing.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Last edited by matosh.lee at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by matosh.lee
dont listen to this guy. just pick it up at a guitar center a studio 4 if you cant find a 5 and see what you think. its the same just with an extra string. i love schecters. i got me a schecter bass. its amazing. but i would go with the custom 5

don't listen to what guy?

JRF said it was a good bass, he just didn't like the pickup selection.

and Indie had nothing but praise.

Every one of your posts that i have read has been filled with stupidity, i finally felt the need to point it out.

Do you even know that the custom is a lower model of the studio?

anyways, to TS: if you try it out and like it, i would say go for it. I got myself a custom, and i personally think its the best bass you could get its the mid level price range. I can't really give a full review of the studio, as I've only played it a few times, but I can say that it is a nice bass. I actually think the humbuckers don't sound too bad, of course they are hot as hell, but when i try really hard, i can get a pretty good jazz tone out of them (for what they are) so they don't bother me that much.
Quote by Zar938
don't listen to what guy?

JRF said it was a good bass, he just didn't like the pickup selection.

and Indie had nothing but praise.

Every one of your posts that i have read has been filled with stupidity, i finally felt the need to point it out.

Do you even know that the custom is a lower model of the studio?

anyways, to TS: if you try it out and like it, i would say go for it. I got myself a custom, and i personally think its the best bass you could get its the mid level price range. I can't really give a full review of the studio, as I've only played it a few times, but I can say that it is a nice bass. I actually think the humbuckers don't sound too bad, of course they are hot as hell, but when i try really hard, i can get a pretty good jazz tone out of them (for what they are) so they don't bother me that much.

yeah. okay. im an idiot. didnt understand what JRF was saying. whatever. ehh. and i know its a lower model. i said that no thinking. cause i was thinking i need dots. he doesnt. (i cant see my dots on mine cause its upside down) and how is every one of my post idiotic? some of them are i know but not every one of them. i make stupid post cause i dont think things through that well. ehhh
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Yeah I plan to try a Schecter Studio out before I make my purchase, lol.

Looking at the customer reviews, it seems pretty unanimous that the Studio-5 is a great bass.
I don't have much experience with humbuckers, so I'll check that out when I get to try one out.

I think the only reason I don't want a 5-string Jazz is 'cause I already have a nice American series Jazz, and I'm looking for some range.
Id say the elite 5 string.I tried one out and I was in heaven.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I have the Studio 5 and I love it. Someone said earlier that it does have a very "twangy" tone but for the most part I can use the EQ on the bass itself and my amp to get a good tone. I love the two volume knobs for both the pickups, I can turn the neck one up and the bridge down to get a real heavy, thundering tone and I can turn the bridge up and the neck down to get more of a growling tone (that sounds awesome with a pick btw). The B string plays nicely and while the bass may be sexy as hell, it's not for everyone. I'd highly recommend trying this out before you buy, also take a look at the Elite, another great bass by Schecter.
Try both the elite and the studio. The studio has a nicer EQ in my opinion, but the Elite has a nicer finish (yes, jazzy, I love the laquered finish). It looks great in black cherry.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.