Kind of out this in bits and pieces over the last week, but these are the two amps that a friend of mind has narrowed it down to. He's kind of weary of modelling amps since he has never used them before, and wants to make sure that 1) the amp can really nail an 80's Marshall sound and 2) it doesn't sound digital or fake. I've passed on your MG feedback although I don't think they are that bad....but I'm new.

Would really appreciate your guidance here.
Almost forgot, a good clean sound is really imporant too. This is pretty obvious though.
Nothing in that price range can "nail" that kind of tone. But a Vox AD15VT-XL can do a lot better than most other amps in the price range.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
The Cube 20 and 15 aren't good, get either a microcube or a 30 if you want a cube.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
The Cube 20 and 15 aren't good, get either a microcube or a 30 if you want a cube.

Why is the 30 better than the 20 aside from being louder?
Quote by Eddie NYC
Why is the 30 better than the 20 aside from being louder?

well its not really louder, wattage isnt really volume. I agree though, the louder cubes sound better to me. But honestly, to get an amp thats double the volume of a 10 watt amp youd need to get an 100 watt amp.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by mafropetee
Nothing in that price range can "nail" that kind of tone. But a Vox AD15VT-XL can do a lot better than most other amps in the price range.

I haven't seen a lot of reviews on the XL, but a few people have dumped on it saying it didn't sound as good. Also, isn't this one just all metal amps plus a single clean one?
The 30's, 60's, and Micro Cubes are the ones everyone talks about, so any one of those would be better for you.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by racerXazn
well its not really louder, wattage isnt really volume. I agree though, the louder cubes sound better to me. But honestly, to get an amp thats double the volume of a 10 watt amp youd need to get an 100 watt amp.

The 30 is better because it has amp modelling and effects, the 20X doesn't. I'd go for the Vox though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The 30 is better because it has amp modelling and effects, the 20X doesn't. I'd go for the Vox though.

Would you do the regular vox or the XL version. I'm kind of inclined to get the regular ad15vt instead of the XL since I don't really like nu/extreme super distortion metal. Mostly 80's/90's bands. Also, may be kind of neat to have some variety with the 60's/70's for the Stones etc.
Quote by Eddie NYC
Would you do the regular vox or the XL version. I'm kind of inclined to get the regular ad15vt instead of the XL since I don't really like nu/extreme super distortion metal. Mostly 80's/90's bands. Also, may be kind of neat to have some variety with the 60's/70's for the Stones etc.

From what I've heard, the XL is not very good. So I suggest you try them both, but if you can't, probably get the normal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.