Hey everybody, I haven't posted on here too much. I've been playing guitar for a few years, and I just recently decided to take my love of music to another level. I'm applying to New York University's Music Business program, but as part of the application, we have to submit a video recording of a two 3-minute songs.

I've been playing for about 2.5 years, but I could probably pass for someone with about 4-5 years of experience, at least (in terms of pure technique). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could play that would sound great for 3 minutes, without accompaniment?

This is very important to me! I would be so grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.
Elevation Music - Don Ross

This is an acoustic song but one that impresses people easily. The tuning for the song is CGCFBbD, but to make your life easier you can play it in DADGCE.

If you cant find this other good songs are This Dragon Wont Sleep (C/B-Eb-Eb-F-A-D) and King Street Suite in standard tunning.

Good luck, I'll be in your shoes in another year.
Write something. I think that would be most impressive.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
You really haven't explained your skill level at all.
"Intermediate" could mean lots of things.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I took Intermediate as meaning

"Beyond Drop D powah chords"
"Before Dream Theatre insanity"

That's where I'm at too. :3
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Write something. I think that would be most impressive.

yep, especially for applying for music schools and such.. they always appreciate something you wrote alot more